What's new
What's new

Fanuc Help!

fuquamatt

Aluminum
I was working in the FAPT mode on my Fanuc 10FT and all of a sudden I get these screens and the machine will not work and I am lost on what to do or even what happened. There are not any alarms that I am able to pull up. IMG_7520.jpgIMG_7521.jpg

The message in the first picture shows that File 07 is "broken". Jinglish for corrupted data. I'm not sure what file 07 contains but likely FAPT data. This may be an indication that you have a bad memory chip on the sub CPU board. There may also be a battery that backs up the sub CPU board, but it's been ~20 years since I last touched a 10TF so don't trust my memory.

IPL mode is Initial Program Load. It's a maintenance level function. If you enter 6 to end IPL what happens?

IIRC there is a special procedure to clear the data on the sub CPU board. Unfortunately I do not have any 10TF documentation to refer back to. Menu choice 3 in the IPL screen lets you clear files. Again, I do not remember for sure the rest of the process, seem to think it asks you whether or not to clear each file. If you try that, be sure to only answer Y to file 7.

Found out after a little more digging that the memory was full so I cleared #7 which was my programs that I had loaded and everything is working ok again. Thanks for the help.

Back