What's new
What's new

Fanuc memory card error

Dan.93

Plastic
I am trying to get a 97 model fanuc robodrill with a 16i-m controller up and running after setting for the past 10 years. Previously to me the machine was setup to use rs323 but we use pcmcia cards on all of our other fanuc machines so I'm trying to get it changed over. I'm running into memory card error 1010. I have the I/O channel set to 4 and the card and adapter works perfectly on a identical machine. Are there any other things to look out for or am I looking at replacing the card reader in the controller. Thanks

What year are the other machines?

Your machine is like ours, a 16i-ma. It needs an SRAM style pcmcia card, not the (slightly) more modern flash pcmcia card.

Our Makino a88 with 16i-mb control uses a flash pcmcia card, doesn't work in our robodrill.

SRAM cards are pretty expensive, and so are the adapters to connect it to your computer. We have an old (15 years or more) IBM thinkpad with a pmcia slot built in it and it does read and write SRAM cards. Otherwise usb adapters are a few hundred bucks.

You'd need something like this Omnidrive Pro USB to PCMCIA SRAM ATA Flash card reader writer

... and this SRAM Card 2MB with attribute memory (PCMCIA SRAM memory Cards)

I am not affiliated with that store, you might be able to find similar things cheaper at other places, but those prices seem about what you'd need to pay.

We have 2 identical robodrills the one that is working was built in 10 of 1999 the one that is not working was built in 11 of 1997.

Hey!
It mostly happens with users, as they are getting Fanuc memory card error 1010. So, I can say this is not a big issue, you can easily solve your issue without any trouble.
While you are getting the memory card error 1010, simply format your memory card or run the Chkdsk command prompt to fix your error. So, without wasting time, just go for it…
To know more: 3 Sure-Shot Ways To Fix Memory Card Error 1010

Back