What's new
What's new

Fanuc OM Spindle Drive Question

fuquamatt

Aluminum
I have a Kitamura Mycenter 1 and the spindle drive went out and the numbers on the spindle drive is A06B-6059-H003. My question is what is the last four numbers referring too on the product number. The reason I am asking is because I have another spindle drive laying around and the numbers on it are A06B-6059-H002. Would the boards be interchangeable or do I need to buy another one with the same exact numbers.
Thanks for any help.

My understanding is that the middle 4 numbers are the series of drive (like what vintage it is) and the last 4 are the size.

You need to download/find the manual for your drive to answer any specifics about it. An H003 is a very small drive. H002 is even smaller yet. The top board on the drive is specific to the model it fits, however, there is some overlap. The Fanuc drive manual will tell you if they interchange. The manuals have a big chart with what boards and ROM are used in what drive. The drives have parameters and ROM that may be different for different size drives in the same series.

The H002 drive is a Fanuc size 1.5S and the H003 is a size 2S.

H002 is for a 1.1kW continuous and 3.7kW max motor.
H003 is for a 2.2kW continuous and 3.7kW max motor.

While they are the same physical size you can see the different capacity so the entire drive is not interchangeable.

The PCBs are the same and interchangeable (possibly different rev numbers which should be OK).

There are two ROM sockets in the upper left corner of the top board. If you are swapping boards, you will need to swap the ROMs and do the following....

There are 5 jumpers that may need to be set.

There are 6 pots that need to be adjusted.

The drive parameters will need to be loaded

The H002 drive is a Fanuc size 1.5S and the H003 is a size 2S.

H002 is for a 1.1kW continuous and 3.7kW max motor.
H003 is for a 2.2kW continuous and 3.7kW max motor.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between an H002 and H003 as well.

However the manuals and info I have do not agree with what you have above.

My mill is an Excel 510 by KIWA. It has a 3S spindle motor with an H003 drive PCB. The motor is rated at 3.7kw cont / 5.5 kw 30min

According to fanuc maunal GFZ-65015E/01, the 1S, 1.5S, and 2S all use the H002. The 3S (mine) uses the H003.

According to a different fanuc manual (which is older and does not mention the H003), B-65012E/03, the 3S uses the H002, and is rated at 3.7kw cont / 5.5kw 30 min.

My 3S system (with the H003) has a date on it of 1989. The second, older manual that doesnt mention the H003 is from 1987. So I think the H003 is slightly newer and was released between 1987 and 1989.

The first manual I mentioned is a "maintenance" manual and the second is a "descriptions" manual. The descriptions manual is 322 pages and very detailed. I guess I could compare all the specs between them to see the difference, but the maintenance manual is a little light on features. Its only 93 pages.

Anyways it would be interesting if you could tell us where you got that info, might be a clue. Seems like very different specs.

Edit: just noticed the 1987 manual has "#H503" after the H002 (this manual does not mention the H003. The later manual which does mention the H003, says the ROM part number is A06B-6059-H503. So maybe that suggests they use the same ROM.

Back