What's new
What's new

PCMCIA slots Fanuc controls, SRAM cards & Flash

Tricky

Cast Iron
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if on an older fanuc control like 15B which has a PCMCIA slot on the CPU, if you can use your normal flash type PCMCIA cards rather than the older SRAM cards which cost a packet and require a battery in them.

In the newer i series controls which have the PCMCIA slot next to the LCD, i have used normal flash type cards in without any problems, but because they are completely different architechture inside didn't know if those cards would work in older systems.

Any ideas / expoeriences ?

Cheers

I've been told that on some of the earlier i series, unless you have the right software version you need an SRAM card. My Fanuc 21iT is mid 1999 vintage...anyone know if that is new enough to not require SRAM ??

Is Fanuc going to switch to or add USB? Is it 20 years before they adopt anything new? USB has only been standard for about 10 years now so maybe it's too much to ask of Fanuc. Wouldn't want to move to fast.

I've been told that on some of the earlier i series, unless you have the right software version you need an SRAM card. My Fanuc 21iT is mid 1999 vintage...anyone know if that is new enough to not require SRAM ??

As far as I know, anything with an "i" in the title will take a normal pcmcia flash card and dosn't need the special sram cards.

Fanuc have now told me that the flash cards will not work in the 15 B series controls, it has to be sram.

Back