What's new
What's new

Fanuc OT, feedrate missing, but its not!

spock

Stainless
Well, after 20 years it looks like I need a lesson in Programming 101. Starting a program with a facing cut, IF it is the first time I push cycle start, it runs fine. After that, I am getting the "O11 P/S" alarm, indicating that there is no feedrate. Please, look at my program, and tell me what I am missing. Cause I see a feedrate, but the control is not for some reason. And, keep in mind, that the other 2 programs that I have run on this lathe are programmed the same and I had no trouble at all. So, I must be missing something.

Here is my code:

O3333
N1 G50 S2500
G00 T0101
G40
G96 S0500 M03
X0.8 Z0.0 (machine positions here, then alarms)
G01 X-.064 F0.006
Z0.02
G00 X.591
etc......

habit, always programmed that way.

So, it just goes to show, you want to figure out something simple, post it here first! I am bar pulling at teh end, using G98, and on this control, unlike my 10T, I MUST put in a G99 to get it back into feed per revolution.

Im ready for my dunce cap now.

Are you using a G98 further down in the program? It may be looking at IPM rather than IPR in which case your feedrate would be too slow for the control to handle. I would try this:
G99G1XZF.006

Good luck!

I see you beat me to the punch!!

Last edited:
habit, always programmed that way.

So, it just goes to show, you want to figure out something simple, post it here first! I am bar pulling at teh end, using G98, and on this control, unlike my 10T, I MUST put in a G99 to get it back into feed per revolution.

Im ready for my dunce cap now.

I find that any time my machine doesn't like to "re-start" properly in AUTO cycle - it always comes back to how I left it at the end of the prog. Not how I started it.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well, after 20 years it looks like I need a lesson in Programming 101. Starting a program with a facing cut, IF it is the first time I push cycle start, it runs fine. After that, I am getting the "O11 P/S" alarm, indicating that there is no feedrate. Please, look at my program, and tell me what I am missing. Cause I see a feedrate, but the control is not for some reason. And, keep in mind, that the other 2 programs that I have run on this lathe are programmed the same and I had no trouble at all. So, I must be missing something.

Here is my code:

O3333
N1 G50 S2500
G00 T0101
G40
G96 S0500 M03
G00 X0.8 Z0.0 (machine positions here, then alarms)
G01 X-.064 F0.006
Z0.02
G00 X.591
etc......
I would add the G00 command. It should be modal from the T0101 line but I do not see an X or Z move there so it may be the issue.

One way to avoid such problems is to have a subprogram containing default settings (or whatever else you like) called at the beginning of each operation similar to the Hardinge Safe Index programs.

My first command (when not setting a workshift) is M91. This calls up program 9001 which has commands such as G0G40G99G97G80, etc.

Not only saves typing in the main program, but eliminates senior moments. :)

Back