What's new
What's new

Fanuc OTC, parts counter option?

viper

Titanium
I am having to reload our Mori with OTC and looking to make some changes if possible on the new parameters. Just curious if turning the parts counter on is a big deal? We usually have to run a sub to drive our part program with a certain number of repeats. would be nice to just enter how many times to repeat and be done as well as count them for us. Is this possible? Is it a big hassle?

Does the parts counter enabled with 907.4 do anything more than just count how many M30s or M99s? Do I still need to program a sub? I would really like to just have a separate system to enter how many times to run a program and count it as well.

I don't think it'll count like your thinking. If you want it to count then stop you'd have to turn on and use the simple tool management. When the tool makes the required number of parts the program stops.
Dave

I don't think it'll count like your thinking. If you want it to count then stop you'd have to turn on and use the simple tool management. When the tool makes the required number of parts the program stops.
Dave

That would be the easiest way to do it. 912.3 912.4.

On my my machine, M30 and M2 trigger the part counter.

Could a simple "L" comand work?

or a macro

O1111 (PART NAME)
N10 @@@@
N20 @@@@
N30 @@@@

[#501=#501+1]
[IF #501=30 GOTO 1000] (30 PARTS)
GOTO 10
N1000 M30

Back