What's new
What's new

fanuc parameter detail 9900 to 9998

usman umer

Plastic
hy
i have some parameter missing of my DAEWOO lynx 220 cnc lathe machine , my machine operating panel is fanuc oi series ,i have fanuc parameter books but the detail of 9900 parameter to 9998 not in the book
have any one all the bit detail of 9900 to 9998 parameter detail ,plz if any body know the deatil then plz quick reply me
i am thankfull to all
usman :rolleyes5:

Those are the options parameters and cost money to change, legally speaking. That's why you don't see them listed in any book provided with the machine. You can find information about them "somewhere out thre on the internet", but I don't want to get sued by Fanuc so I can't tell you where.

Wish I had better news for you. Perhaps someone else can be more giving, but don't get too optimistic. Your best bet is to contact the machine manufacturer if you need options turned on.

I don’t have the detail of the Oi options. If you are missing some of them that were previously installed then all you would have to do is get the originals and re-download them.

Pixman is correct. Your best bet is to contact DAEWOO or call Fanuc and give them the serial number of the control and they should have a file of the original parameters for you. If you get lucky most MTB put a hard copy of all the parameters in the power cabinet. Take a peek in there to see if you got them.

You don’t have a backup of the control? Backup, backup, backup. There is nothing worse than spending time and money trying to hunt down the original data for a MT that takes 5mins to do a complete backup of.

Stevo

hello all
thanks for replying me guys
pixman if u know the website where these parameter information then plz help me out ,
i have a backup of the parameter in cd , but machine cant load parameter
when i put the word 1 in all these paramter bit 9900 to 9998
machine cant accept , and other parameter 1 to end machine accept word parameter bit, i want to know these parameter detail , plz help me out
thanks u guys

Regardless if you own the rights to the parameters OR NOT, be careful what you change assuming you can change them. #9000's are controlled. In other words, you most likely don't have the option to edit them without a special code TYPED IN by a fanuc employee. turning on/off #9000's can be like a bomb and cost you some real money to un do..this isnt something you just hold your mouth the correct way and try out..

Look in your electrical schematic book and you might find a hard copy of the fanuc parameters. i would imagine that if you re set them just like the hard copy you would be ok, but i would check with fanuc first. assuming you can set them without a code.

You are not going to be able to set whatever ones you want. You also can NOT set all of the parameter bits =1. Activating bits is turning on options in the machine. If you do not have the hardware or your machine is not configured to support these options they will not work.

You say that you are missing some that you had before. You need to find the original settings of these. Now if an option was previously installed on your control then simply downloading the parameters to the original settings will set everything back to the way it was. If an option was not previously installed on the control then trying to change it without the Fanuc passwords will NOT work. There is no way around this. Not yet anyway ;).

I do not have the details for the Oi option bits.

Stevo

I cannot help you with this, sorry. I have no knowledge of what the paramters for your machine might have been. Contact the manufacturer of the machine, Daewoo. They and/or maybe Fanuc will have what you need, I certainly don't.

I could have helped had it not been the i version.
It is my understanding you require a Password for the later i series Fanucs, as opposed to just setting the PWE bit in the older controls.
Minder.

Minder...you are correct. It's not just the i-series. The passwords started at the 15series controls. Now IIRC the later of the i-series has the password that changes every 24hrs or something like that and it takes a service guy to call in from onsite to get the password. The Oseries is by far the easiest.

Stevo

hy all
i try all my option in use , i have a hard copy of parameter , i used him to read in the machine both (parameter and ladder ) , but machine not accept all word of parameter ,thats why many of machine parts not working , when machine new all parts working but now machine cant read the some parameter mainely 9900 to 9998
i think may be machine software problem , may be again software load machine accept all parameter , i have same another two lynx 220 machine one of them has same panel oi and another simple fanuc i series
stevo u have fanuc i series bit detail ?
stevo i am not trying to all parameter bit 1 , i am only try those paramter bit 1 , that set by the manufacture
there is no dealer in our country daewoo ,
i have same two machine which i write before , tell me what i do next that my machine is running
one more thing one of my machine parameter 9900 to 9998 are hidden
tell me which paramter bit is showing these all parameter No 9900 to 9998
thx for replyies all

Sorry I do not have the details of the option bits for the Oi series control.

Ok you say that you have the original hard copy of options for the machine correct? How are you loading the parameters into the control? If these options were set and paid for through the MTB or Fanuc then reloading them via RS232 or memory card slot they should all set properly.

You say “when this machine was new”. I have never dealt with Daewoo but I am sure someone can post some contact info for them. If this machine is new as you say it is I would be calling Fanuc or Daewoo to get this fixed. There may be no dealers by you but you can call them and they should be able to help you over the phone.

Stevo

If your option params are not visible on your param page (visible in diag. pages) then you have a control newer than mid 2006. They are stored on a FROM card. You can not lose them. So far I don't think anyone has figured out how to change them.

If you can view the 9900 series on your parameter screen (older i) it is possible to change them on the machine but somewhat complex. I thought these were also in a FROM and therefore you wouldn't lose them even if you lost the others.

hello all
sorry for too late replying
i used hard copy i used slot memory card to copy the data (parameter and ladder) in machine memory card , but machine not accept all parameter specially 9900 to 9998 , i tell u before
one more thing i share for u , that my machine back panel pmc module display card are repair . may be electronic guy who repair that card , he open (eject) the sram machine memory , and machine lost parameter some where
machine lost also all programs
PMT u say that u know how to change and display the 9900 paramter in machine plz tell me the details , how all 9900 series display me and also how i change the bit value in 9900 to 9998 series
i think may be some software problem ,if i use machine back up data when machine NC buton is on and before displaying loading in Dram
i have another same oi series machine , can i use that machine back up data for this machine ,
i know the procedure of backup data read in machine but some where hesitancy in me , bcz first time i load a back up data in machine in start when NC on
PMT and Stevo if u know the procedure of back up data loading in start in the machine , then plz tell me .bcz i want to know the procedure line by line .
Any other know the start back up data loading line by line procedure
ANY more suggestions and idea are greatly appreciated
thx
usman

I don’t have the detail of the Oi options. If you are missing some of them that were previously installed then all you would have to do is get the originals and re-download them.

Pixman is correct. Your best bet is to contact DAEWOO or call Fanuc and give them the serial number of the control and they should have a file of the original parameters for you. If you get lucky most MTB put a hard copy of all the parameters in the power cabinet. Take a peek in there to see if you got them.

You don’t have a backup of the control? Backup, backup, backup. There is nothing worse than spending time and money trying to hunt down the original data for a MT that takes 5mins to do a complete backup of.

Stevo

hello all
i used hard copy i used slot memory card to copy the data (parameter and ladder) in machine memory card , but machine not accept all parameter specially 9900 to 9998 , i tell u before
one more thing i share for u , that my machine back panel pmc module display card are repair . may be electronic guy who repair that card , he open (eject) the sram machine memory , and machine lost parameter some where
PMT u say that u know how to change and display the 9900 paramter in machine plz tell me the details , how all 9900 series display me and also how i change the bit value in 9900 to 9998 series
i think may be some software problem ,if i use machine back up data when machine NC buton is on and before displaying loading in Dram
i have another same oi series machine , can i use that machine back up data for this machine ,
i know the procedure of backup data read in machine but some where hesitancy in me , bcz first time i load a back up data in machine in start when NC on
PMT and Stevo if u know the procedure of back up data loading in start in the machine , then plz tell me .bcz i want to know the procedure line by line .
thx
usman

If your option params are not visible on your param page (visible in diag. pages) then you have a control newer than mid 2006. They are stored on a FROM card. You can not lose them. So far I don't think anyone has figured out how to change them.

If you can view the 9900 series on your parameter screen (older i) it is possible to change them on the machine but somewhat complex. I thought these were also in a FROM and therefore you wouldn't lose them even if you lost the others.

hello all
thx
usman

If you can't see them then your control is 2006 or newer.

These are permanantly stored on your FROM module so, if you did not change the module, you did not lose your option parameters. If you wish to add some options that your older machine has but your newer machine does not, you can't.

plz attened all and suggest me

hello
.......stevothanks for the very useful information u share me its really help me alot
i think that its a older panel 15i ?
my machine model is 2006 and my machine pmc module memory is sram bcz a battery connected to the pmc module who save the memory back up data

stevo most of thing (parameter & ladder read & punch )several time i do
but start system back up data Loading first time i doing.
i tell u before that i have same two machine 2 machine series no oi and 1machine series no i
my same another oi series machine optional parameter are invisibel but my this oi machine optional parameter is on
plz tell me if any body know how i visible my same another oi series optional parameter .

pmt my i series machine optional parameter is on and i also edit these parameter but this machine i cant
pmt is it a keep relay setting where these optional parameter is on ?
thx for replying u all guys
pmt & stevo u have 9900 to 9998 parameter bit detail .and if know any web address where i find these optional parameter bit detail then plz tell me
thank u stevo for the attechment file:)
Regards
usman

Usman,
You’re welcome for the file.

What do you mean the panel is a older 15i?? Are you referring to the control? I thought it was a Oi.

I don’t have a lot of experience on the newer Oi control. Now the reason that you can NOTview the option parameters on one of them is because it is a NEWER Oi series control as PMT has said. From what I have understood even though they are the same model the newer model Oi was created so you cannot view or change the option parameters.

As I stated before I do NOT know the option bit detail for the Oi series control. I have no idea where to find them. I am sure some people know a few of them but I do not.

Stevo

Back