What's new
What's new

Milltronics Partner 1 (1993)

NatsuNerfneel

Plastic
Hi I'm Joshua and I'm almost 18, I'm going to school for engineering and machining. I just picked up a partner 1 for dirt cheep 3 days ago. I'm wanting incite on running it without 3 phase or incite on the most cost efficient way to set up 3 phase. It has a 7.5 HP spindle motor. The tool changer doesn't work so I was wondering what to look at so I can possibly fix it. Are there any upgrades you guys recommend? I don't know if the file importing works but if it doesn't what might I do to fix that? If you have questions about the machine I can try to figure out more details. Thanks in advance for any incite you might have.

Single phase operation should be easy. I have the same machine it sounds like. Where the cable comes in to the switch, hook one hot leg to L1 and the other hot leg to L3. Position L2 stays in connected. Running off the 220v single phase you loose a little spindle HO, but everything else should work fine. I just powered up my machine a week ago, and it’s my first cnc, so I’m very much new to this. But I read a lot before doing the wiring, and everyone said it’s goid to go that way.

Not all Partner 1 machines are the same. Some can run on single phase and some can't.
Both of you guys are going about this wiring deal the wrong way.
First thing you should do is contact Milltronics with the serial number and date it was made.
It will be on the plate attached to the door at the back of the machine.
They will be able to tell you if you can run them on single phase or not. They are usually very helpful.

It's pretty hard to do anything with that machine without it first being powered up, and having the manual will help out a lot too.

Thank you for the incite, I'm planning on calling them tomorrow. FYI I haven't done any wiring yet and he said his is working. Thanks

Back