What's new
What's new

fanuc 0M memory

matic

Plastic
hello,
I have an 0 M controller and problem with memory. It is to small for bigger program. Is it possible to connect a hard disc with M27 connector or do something else. I tried to make DNC connection, but it does not work.(I do not have DNC button on panel). What can I do?
regards, matic

you don't need a dnc button.

try a pc windows based communactions program named and or made by Cadem (my favorite for ease of use)it's free and works great and you can drip feed all week without stopping. I don't have their web but it should be easy to find here with a simple search or someone will chime in...

2nd
choice invest in a cad/cam like master cam for many thousands, Your choice they will both solve your problem licty- split (also one of my favorites)

danny

I have Cimco communication program to transport programs from PC to controler memory, but the problem is, becouse I can not use long 3D program if they have more then cca. 7000 steps. I try to start working direkt from PC, but it does not work.
matic

Not enough memmory total - or not in any one prog number?

If it is size of each file issue - you can split it up and run out the back of one file (prog #) to the beginning of the next and on down the line.

O1234
bla
bla
bla
M98P012345
M2

O2345
bla
bla
bla
M98P013456
M99

O3456
bla
bla
bla
M99

Limited only by the number of total memmory available.

Also - as I listed it you could run into a depth of sub issue. On the O you may need to go back to the main and sub back out again:

O1234
bla
bla
bla
M98P012345
M98P013456
M2

O2345
bla
bla
bla
M99

O3456
bla
bla
bla
M99

I have had my 18i split a cpl progs up this way on it's own when I downloaded a big file from the flashcard. I had to go in and clean it up tho.

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

al my memmory is 128k, but half of this makros need. I have 4 chips 60L256 on memmory plate, but I have place for two Eprom free. I can not reduce program, if I milling a none simetric body.
matic

you can not drip feed with out the dnc option. Tho 0 control is a piss poor drip feeder as well. Break up your programs or you will have to invest in a ladder mod for dnc and most likly a remote buffer featuring hardware from Fanuc.

Back