What's new
What's new

Fanuc Pulse Coder Battery Replacment

Machinery_E

Titanium
This is my first Fanuc machine with absolute encoders. (16WB) Have a low battery APC alarm. Trying to determine what batteries I need to get. There is the typical Fanuc black box with D cell batteries that I thought was for the CNC? Or is that for the encoders?

On the power supply there is a single battery wrapped in electrical tape. (Shown in this picture in the lower RH corner)The Fanuc parts book is showing this as A98L–0031–0012 which is a 3V battery.

IMG_5619.jpg

This picture is one of the servo amps. It has a battery cavity, but no evidence of a battery. The parts book just calls out a battery cover. Does that sound right or is there supposed to be a battery in there also?

IMG_5617.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help pointing me in the right direction as to what batteries I need to replace!

The black box holds 3 or 4 D cells. With power on put new ones in, same thing with the A size cell in the tape. APC low is a good fault, as it is the early warning. APC zero will cause you to have to reset the axis reference points. I would not power off the machine until you clear this up.

Back