What's new
What's new

Fanuc servo Amp back up batteries

mroy0404

Cast Iron
I'm getting tired of replacing the little 6v servo Amp back up batteries every 10-12 months. My Doosan 2000sy with Fanuc 18i-TB control can sit for a few weeks at a time.

My question is, has anyone wired in a much larger battery to get more life from the batteries?
I would like to replace the original batteries with something like in the below link.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/6V-4-5AH-Pow...FePO4-FREE-SHIPPING-/263343967041?_mwBanner=1

Has anyone done this without damaging the servo Amp?

I'm getting tired of replacing the little 6v servo Amp back up batteries every 10-12 months. My Doosan 2000sy with Fanuc 18i-TB control can sit for a few weeks at a time.

My question is, has anyone wired in a much larger battery to get more life from the batteries?
I would like to replace the original batteries with something like in the below link.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/6V-4-5AH-Pow...FePO4-FREE-SHIPPING-/263343967041?_mwBanner=1

Has anyone done this without damaging the servo Amp?

I have a Doosan S310SMLY with 18i-TB. It uses a single battery pack shared across all amps that uses 4 D-cells. The battery box is a Fanuc part.

edit: link

Yup! I have.
Mine used to be the pack with two batteries in them. This machine used to have to have them replace 2-3 times a year and every time it was off to the electronics shop to get them to solder them up for me to the plug. I replaced them with this battery about 2 years ago without issue. Just connected the leads to the fanuc plug.

Attachments

• DSC_0658.jpg
    DSC_0658.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC_0657.jpg
    DSC_0657.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 172
I'm getting tired of replacing the little 6v servo Amp back up batteries every 10-12 months.

I replaced all the batteries in our Nakamura (Fanuc 18i-xx) machines with four D-cell batteries. If you feel you're competent enough to solder a red wire to a red wire and a black wire to a black wire you can buy the four D-cell holders from ebay for around $10 bucks. We only have to buy D cells every 3 or 4 years and they're a lot cheaper than Fanuc replacements. Just remember to leave the power on when you swap 'em out.

Back