What's new
What's new

HeidenHain iTNC620. What *.PLC program determines work of TC (tool changer)?

wolfgang073

Plastic
Hi everybody.
There are two new machining center under control iTNC620 there.
The first center works without fails. But probably there was disabled the function, so-called "tool checking at carousel's pocket". I have checked that operation. The carousel turned to right position (e.g. pocket is empty), the spindel moved to carousels pocket, sat down, moved up, and went back without tool. If the carousel's pocket is not empty the tool changing goes on without fails.
So I would like tell about second center.
This time the customer can not work with that center bacause tool change function doesn't work.
The problem description:
The carousel turns to right position (e.g. pocket 4), the spindle moves to carousels's pocket, sit down onto tool and immediately "goes to sleep".There are no moves there.
I have checked tool changer wiring and its signals. It is OK.
I think there is a software problem or parameters there.
So I am interesting what *.PLC program determines work of TC (tool changer)?

Thanks.

Might be determined by the machine tool builder who set up the machine?

On an iTNC530 you can enter a mod code and get to a page that allows step by step control of the tool changer - do you have that on the 620?

Sorry, really not much help on this.

From the description of what is happening, sounds like the clamp sensor on the spindle isn't showing disclamped.

There are used minimum three input signals (PLB6204) during the tool changing procedure, so-called "tool checking at carousel's pocket" and "spindle clamped", " spindle disclamped". All signals were checked.

There is difference between machines software there. The first has SP1, the second has not any SP.
So I am asking. What *.PLC file determines work only tool changer? Probably they are the same.

I would have the software upgraded to the same, very easy to do. If the Plc versions are the same too then check that mp are same.

As for original question, depends on your machine tool builder what they call the file. But normally you can find it by name, ie WZW, Werkzeugwechsel or if you look at your documentation and know the I/O your looking for you can do a search.

But again check Plc version and Machine parameters first.

Hi mates!
The problem was solved.
There was a difference between files TC_Auto11.src (first working machine) and TC_Auto11.src (second machine). One string was missing in that file.
So I did a file copy and replaced it to second machine. The tool change function was recovered.

Thanks a lot mates.

Back