What's new
What's new

Ford 7.3 Diesel Bellhousing Bolt Pattern

Have you tried any local re-builders or your friendly local NAPA store? What are you hooking up to it?

You're talking about my favorite truck engine; my 7.3 hasn't required any engine work in the last 17 years.

Thanks , I posted on 4btswaps. I had sinus surgery this morning and was told to take it easy for 2 weeks. I thought this might be a good time to machine this bolt pattern on my Intercont transmission dyno adapter plate.

I need to track that exact same thing down.. need to make a 1/8" spacer for a 6BT bolted to a 4R100 with a billet revmax stage 5 converter. The Revmax converter is thicker than the stock piece and it won't work with the hodgepodge of adapeters without being spaced back. Took me a full day and lots of head bashing to figure that out. Called 5 people who all said "did you seat the converter?" Amateur hour was not that day...

I have a bell for a Cummins that I will be measuring as soon as my nose stops bleeding. What dimensions do you need? The nice thing about a spacer plate is it doesn't have to be very accurate as you are using the dowel pins for location. Is it possible to modify the converter. Many times I can cut the cover lugs .03, cut the front part of the clutch .03 and make a front hub .06 shorter and make the converter 1/8 shorter. It really helps to have the transmission and test fit the converter parts on the transmission before welding the converter. You would be suprised at some of the interferece I have found.

This is close if not spot on. A few years late is better than never.
View attachment 373417

How did you come up with those numbers?

Your X and Y are reversed.

All your Navistar dimensions are rounded to the nearest 1/8th of millimeter. I only checked the dowel pin locations and both are off by nearly 1/2 a mm. That pattern was designed by IH in 1980 long before anything IH was metric.

Your starter is clocked wrong. I know what starter that's for and it will fit that way, but it is a very bad clocking.

The starter bore is wrong as well. 76.1mm is too small.

The profile of your adapter isn't even close to the required shape.

Hey, atleast your Cummins dimensions are correct.

How did you come up with those numbers?

Your X and Y are reversed.

All your Navistar dimensions are rounded to the nearest 1/8th of millimeter. I only checked the dowel pin locations and both are off by nearly 1/2 a mm. That pattern was designed by IH in 1980 long before anything IH was metric.

Your starter is clocked wrong. I know what starter that's for and it will fit that way, but it is a very bad clocking.

The starter bore is wrong as well. 76.1mm is too small.

The profile of your adapter isn't even close to the required shape.

Hey, atleast your Cummins dimensions are correct.
Do you have the correct infomation somewhere? I'm trying to make an adapter plate for a rear gear engine so they're not commercially available

Back