What's new
What's new

G-code chart

Rich L

Hot Rolled
I'm just about going to get my feet wet with a new CNC gang tool lathe with a Fanuc controller. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a G-code chart or reference that identifies and spells out all the parameters and syntax for the different codes and which parameters are optional. I know that some codes have none but others have lots, e.g. G73 with X, Y, Z, R, L, Q, A, B, C, ad nauseum. I have not been able to find a quick reference for all this or did y'all learn this one code at a time and make your own references over time. I have been reading the books on this (Fanuc manuals, etc) but I'm looking for some complete cheat-sheet or chart. If there's nothing out there I suppose I'll be making my own over time and experience.

The machine I'm getting also has cylindrical and polar interpolation capability so the details on those g-codes (g12.1, g13.1, g7.1 or g107) would be valuable as well.

Thanks for any help or pointers to references.

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks, Heinz, I really appreciate the reference. A collection , generally, of the kind of stuff that shows up in the yellow boxes (what addresses go with what codes) throughout the document which would condense down to only be about 2 pages along with the chart on page 6 is what I'm after as a "cheat sheet" although the detailed examples are well worth it, too.

It beats the 800 pages of the Fanuc manual! All this stuff ends up in brain memory after a while and hands on will do it.

Cheers,
Rich

Mate1554, if you Google the name of the file (fanuc_ot_cnc_program_manual_gcodetraining_588.pdf), it shows up in several places on the Web. Here's one. Whether that will still be on-line in 6 months, I have no idea.

Mate1554, if you Google the name of the file (fanuc_ot_cnc_program_manual_gcodetraining_588.pdf), it shows up in several places on the Web. Here's one. Whether that will still be on-line in 6 months, I have no idea.

That's the best result of a Zombie thread I have ever seen

Nice one !

Good explanation of threading cycles... [Seems pretty damn clear ].

OK, not to shit all over this thing, but ....
F. me if that 102 page document doesn't need a 1002 page dictionary to decipher it!!!

3) G29(Automatic return in reference)
Commanded spindle goes via the remoried center point and decides the position as commanded

Note) When instructing G28 block, tool, tool compensation, tool location offset should be canceled
principlly.

And that's just from Page 21!

I have a suspicion that the document was either written by Deadlykitten, or that he had learned his English reading it.

not all machines use the same gcode some Mcodes and even Gcodes are special to particular machines. many setup particular mcodes to do things like tool change or pallet change or specific control of particular parts of cnc like move tool change arm to left 90 degree
usually the manuals for a cnc have gcode list its somewhere in the 1000 to 3000 pages of manuals that came with the cnc

F. me if that 102 page document doesn't need a 1002 page dictionary to decipher it!!!

I have a suspicion that the document was either written by Deadlykitten

Was there a ton of :D and :) all throughout the document?

I have a suspicion that the document was either written by Deadlykitten, or that he had learned his English reading it.

Honestly, that is pretty typical Fanuc type instruction manual. Jengrish is the common language of the Fanucese and they don't seem to care that it sucks balls.

DK is an Okuma guy, but their manuals are not any better, at least not pre 2010.

R

Back