Thread: G-code chart

Rich L is online now Cast Iron

Default G-code chart

I'm just about going to get my feet wet with a new CNC gang tool lathe with a Fanuc controller. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a G-code chart or reference that identifies and spells out all the parameters and syntax for the different codes and which parameters are optional. I know that some codes have none but others have lots, e.g. G73 with X, Y, Z, R, L, Q, A, B, C, ad nauseum. I have not been able to find a quick reference for all this or did y'all learn this one code at a time and make your own references over time. I have been reading the books on this (Fanuc manuals, etc) but I'm looking for some complete cheat-sheet or chart. If there's nothing out there I suppose I'll be making my own over time and experience.

The machine I'm getting also has cylindrical and polar interpolation capability so the details on those g-codes (g12.1, g13.1, g7.1 or g107) would be valuable as well.

Thanks for any help or pointers to references.

Cheers,
    Rich

sinha is offline Cast Iron

Get in touch with Heinz.

Heinz R. Putz is offline Hot Rolled

Default G-Code Chart.

Take a look at this, its put out by Daewoo for their lathes and its really good, with a lot of useful information.
    Heinz Putz

http://www.cnc.info.pl//files/fanuc_...aining_588.pdf

gorrilla is offline Stainless

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz R. Putz View Post
    Take a look at this, its put out by Daewoo for their lathes and its really good, with a lot of useful information.
    Heinz Putz

http://www.cnc.info.pl//files/fanuc_...aining_588.pdf
    Holy crap! 102 pages, and there's goodies all through it! May have to get a new cartridge for the printer, but it'll be worth it! Lots of stuff in there I already know, but my newbies could really use it as a reference.

Rich L is online now Cast Iron

Thanks, Heinz, I really appreciate the reference. A collection , generally, of the kind of stuff that shows up in the yellow boxes (what addresses go with what codes) throughout the document which would condense down to only be about 2 pages along with the chart on page 6 is what I'm after as a "cheat sheet" although the detailed examples are well worth it, too.

It beats the 800 pages of the Fanuc manual! All this stuff ends up in brain memory after a while and hands on will do it.

Cheers,
    Rich