What's new
What's new

GE Mark Century 2000 - Wadkin 4 - 6

Jims Machining

Plastic
Hello, I am having a few issues with my machine.

I went over to view it, seen it running parts, transported it over to my factory, fired it up and got the axis referenced no problem, I then did a little program to make sure it ran from a program I moved X Y Z in to the middle of each travel and powered down for the night. Came in the next morning and can no longer get it to run due to a "2200 Servo Stop Active"
This stops me from even doing the x,y,z ref on start up.

The hydraulic pump is no longer running unless I press the beaker in but with the servo stop active this also drops the head (z is now resting on wood on the table).
The only 2 errors I get are the servo stop active and unreferenced xyz.
First off does anyone know of the fix for maybe the cause for this problem off hand?

Checked so far:
All LED's on the main boards are solid green.
the only red LED I can find is on the Driver status section "PSE" is the lettering above it.
emergence stops have been checked.
Tried swapping phases over made no difference.
Checked the hydraulic and water pump for any faults or insulation problems this came back clean

In reality I need the service manual GEK - 25382

If anyone in the UK has one I can borrow for beer tokens I would been very thankful. Failing that there are some on ebay £150 ea inc postage

Any help is appreciated

James.

Uh boy.....ancient control for CNC...maybe you could play Pong on it at least....

The "unreferenced xyz" is standard any time the control is turned on.

When the hydraulic pump is on do you see any pressure on the gage? I believe the machine carries 600psi anything under 400psi caused a "hydraulic pressure" alarm and a "servo stop" condition. This can be adjusted on the pump.

You might try spinning the belt and pulley by hand to make sure everything is moving. It's been a long time but I remember we sheared the key off the hydraulic shaft that drove the pulley a few times.

If I still had the Manuals I'd help trouble shoot this for you long distance like. lol... We had a dog and pony show and since we didn't have the machine anymore was made to shit can them.

Pong was a standard option on GE Mark Century 2000. I'll look at my notes? I think I have the parameter that turns on Pac-Man and all the other good paid games.

Brent

I run a bunch of the 2000's and the 1050 HX. Real good control very easy to run.
Your alarm "servo stop active" indicates an open loop on the E stop loop. If you had the wiring diagram for the machine you could easily find the problem. I am not familiar with your machine as far as the wiring on the machine. Possible causes may be an overtravel on one of the axes.
The first thing to do is repush the on button some GE controls need to be pushed twice to activate the servos.

The first thing to check is the servo stop loop. On the PWC module on the right most plug in board there are a bunch of plugs. First try reseating them.
The plug 2PL which is the second on down on that board the #2 pin and #4 pin are the external servo loop control. You should have no voltage across these two pins.
If you do the external loop is open and the control itself is ok. There should be 24 vdc on both pin 2 and pin 4.
If you don't have continuity between 2 and 4 that is your problem. Something open in the OEM wiring. I can't help you there since I know only the control itself but not the wiring of your machine. I would check the E stop switches for 24 volts dc. it should be on both in and out wires on the switch.

JOhn

All sorted! Turns out it was a faulty "on" button.

pressing on turned the controller on upon pressing it again it powers up the hydraulics and a few other items. upon pressing it again nothing worked.

pressing it and giving it a wiggle sorted it! I shall get it fixed asap :)

Thanks for all the help

Back