What's new
What's new

GE splitting up with Fanuc? Does this really even matter?

motion guru

Diamond
Got an e-mail today from GE Intelligent Platforms saying that they are dissolving the joint venture with Fanuc . . . What will this mean for support in the US? The letter stresses that GE Intelligent Platforms "is committed to a 'customer first' ethic "

We have only one GE Fanuc controller in our fleet which is on the schedule for a retrofit to and 840D - curious if anyone else has heard about this or if they are at all concerned at all about it.

Only guessing, but I imagine that the Japanese part of the JV has had some heartburn over the way GE has handled business the last few years.

I got that earlier too.
Not sure what it means..

" GE retains the software, embedded systems and control systems businesses globally, as well as services for the Americas CNC portfolio. "

" FANUC retains the global CNC business. "

Does that mean that GE, or Fanuc services CNC in the Americas?

From everything I have read, GE is a crappy company to be a supplier for, and to be in joint ventures with. They have a massive corporate ego, with no respect for the other companies they deal with.

Since the Japanese culture is rooted in honesty and respect, I imagine they got fed up in dealing with arrogant GE.

Not to mention GE's ultra-liberal, idiot CEO Jeffrey Immelt.

From everything I have read, GE is a crappy company to be a supplier for, and to be in joint ventures with. They have a massive corporate ego, with no respect for the other companies they deal with.

You read correctly. Arrogant pretty much sums it up. I was involved in a $207M design project with GE (they were the supplier) about 20 years ago.

My boss warned me of their reputation early in the design stage. At the final design review I made their engineers sign redlined drawings to keep them from backing out of what was agreed upon. We each got copies.

When the equipment arrived it didn't match the drawings. GE bullied our management into modifying our system to fit what they gave us. The redlined drawings somehow disappeared.

Since the Japanese culture is rooted in honesty and respect, I imagine they got fed up in dealing with arrogant GE.

Not to mention GE's ultra-liberal, idiot CEO Jeffrey Immelt.

My thoughts exactly. I hope GE falls in a black hole and takes Jeffrey Immelt with 'em. That man and company make me SICK. :angry:

Back