What's new
What's new

Geting 520, 530 OT alarms on fist start up Fanuc O-md, help me understand fix

lowCountryCamo

Stainless
Just got manchine, Yang smv-1000 yr2000. All three axes where moved by hand during move for different reasons. On 1st start up, before homing the position screen read 0,0,0. I thought was odd. I homed Z and it got to the middle of decel ramp and alarmed. I try homing Y and it alarmed without moving. It was already in the middle of ramp.

Is P + Can upon power up the fix, while re homing? Exactly what does this do? Ignore software and go to hard limit and shut down, or go to hard limit and re zero and set gridshift? This is a semi-closed loop. I ass u med that moving while off the machine would not know. All the way covers are back and limits look clean.

Thanks.

P + CAN should clear out soft limits so machine can reset its self. FWIW, I have an 18mc that we always start up with O+P+CAN(18m soft limit clear). Otherwise, 99% of the time we get a Z overtravel alarm.

P + Can during boot up clears some mystical value located in some dark spot in the control.
I don't got it either. What's the point?

Either you know where you are - or we need to HOME you. What's this half way between garbage?

P/Can

I don't know what the 520/530's are tho (w/o looking them up)
Does it say "X" axis overtravel?

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

P + Can during boot up clears some mystical value located in some dark spot in the control.
I don't got it either. What's the point?

Either you know where you are - or we need to HOME you. What's this half way between garbage?

P/Can

I don't know what the 520/530's are tho (w/o looking them up)
Does it say "X" axis overtravel?

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Sorry, Yes 520 is y OT and 530 is z OT. Just wanted to make sure I did not get further in a problem. I'll do P+Can. Thanks.

P / Cancel on power up will ignore the soft over travel limits until the machine axis are referenced on Fanuc controls. I would jog all of the axis away from the decelerate switches so the dog is not touching the switches. If your machine is similar to other machines I have worked on, once the decel dogs hits the decel switch a bit turns to a zero in the control, and when it comes off the switch it turns to a one and looks for the next pulse on the encoder. When the marker pulse is found the axis is home.

The soft limits will then be active and prevent the all of the axis from hitting the hard limit switches. The hard limit switches should be about .060" from the soft limits. Hope this helps.

Back