What's new
What's new

Pockeing Canned Cycles

aldepoalo

Stainless
I am looking for information on Canned cycles for pockets.

1) Are there any machines that work with pocketing canned cycles?

2) Do these cycles support irregular shapes?

Could someone please provide a sample program for me to put some eyes on?

Thank you

Al

Lots of conversational machines used pcoket canned cycles. Most of which you will not see the code because it is being used behind the scenes. A fadal will use a canned cycle from its function library and will show the code. The older they get the more limited they are however most will do irregular pockets in 2d

G-code

Thank you for responding, What I am looking for are G-code canned cycles on modern controllers.

Example HAAS has a circular pocket canned cycle.

What I am looking for is an irregular pocket canned cycle in g-code.

Al

Thank you for responding, What I am looking for are G-code canned cycles on modern controllers.

Example HAAS has a circular pocket canned cycle.

What I am looking for is an irregular pocket canned cycle in g-code.

Al

Heidenhain has the ability to machine irregular pockets with islands for well over 10 years.

G37 - DEFINE THE CONTOUR
G120 - CONTOUR DATA
G121 - PILOT DRILLING
G122 - ROUGHING
G123 - FLOOR FINISHING
G124 - WALL FINISHING
G125 - CONTOUR TRAIN (For open pockets)
and the newer
G275 - TROCHOIDAL SLOT

I am looking for information on Canned cycles for pockets.

1) Are there any machines that work with pocketing canned cycles?

2) Do these cycles support irregular shapes?

Could someone please provide a sample program for me to put some eyes on?

Thank you

Al

Al,
I'm not sure what Fanuc use now for there conversational mill program, but early models, such as Series 11,12 etc, used User Macro routines. Even the prompt screens were created using the User Macro language. Years ago I developed a PC based version of the Fanuc Conversational program. It could either generate a long hand G code program, or a Macro program that would calculate the toolpaths when loaded and run on the control.

If your control has some type of Macro executable, you will be able to create you own routines. The system is only limited by one's imagination and maths ability. If I can find the software I wrote, I'll post some examples of pocket routines.

Regards,

Bill

Posting

Just so we are on the same page I work for a CAD CAM company.
( BobCAD-CAM ) And I was working with a customer that wanted to use canned cycles for irregular pockets.

Our software has VB scripts to add variables and inputs stuff like that. But the HAAS machine from what I can tell only offers a G11 G12 circular pocket cycle but I didn't see anything for irregular pocket.

So I wanted to know if there are any other machines that have a pocket canned cycle. I know conversational there are many, but with straight G-code I was not sure.

But what you are saying is macro programming could be a way to go?

Al

Just so we are on the same page I work for a CAD CAM company.
( BobCAD-CAM ) And I was working with a customer that wanted to use canned cycles for irregular pockets.

Our software has VB scripts to add variables and inputs stuff like that. But the HAAS machine from what I can tell only offers a G11 G12 circular pocket cycle but I didn't see anything for irregular pocket.

So I wanted to know if there are any other machines that have a pocket canned cycle. I know conversational there are many, but with straight G-code I was not sure.

But what you are saying is macro programming could be a way to go?

Al

Absolutely. Fanuc virtually developed a complete CAM package that was their Mill conversational option using their User Macro executable. The Fanuc User Macro language has a very similar syntax to that of Basic and Pascal.

Regards,

Bill

Back