What's new
What's new

Getting the sub spindle C oriented for proper pickup Okuma LB osp 300

plutoniumsalmon

Hot Rolled
Hello.

I was wondering If anyone could tell me how to get the the C on the sub to orient correctly so that I can use a square collet. The move to point is not a problem its just turns off the zero that I set ( I think I set in incorrectly). My wrong way of doing it is to move the spindle onto the part. Turn on milling mode through MDI set zero and turn it off.

Thank you

You shouldn't need MDI for this.

M19 C0 the main and put on the brake, move the sub on the part and clamp it. Calculate Zero on the setup page for the sub (in the C axis field).

Then just make sure you main is at C0 and your sub is indexed to "zero" and you should be good to go.

I do know on Mori's if the main and sub spindle needed clocked, there was a procedure we did at setup. I never really understood why it didn't stay from job to job, but that is what they had to do at that shop.

Also for the handoff, there is "speed sync" and "phase sync". For handing off round parts you could just speed sync the spindles, but if you had to hold orientation phase sync was required.

Maybe some of that translates to Okuma's also? I curious about that just for my own knowledge.

M19 is not valid on OSP for C axis.

M110 is valid to orient C axis to zero. In Handle mode lock the sub, and jog the spindle until your dial indicator says it's right, note the C axis position on the sub, and insert the command M110; G0 C****; for the sub, into the program itself.

R

M19 is not valid on OSP for C axis.

M110 is valid to orient C axis to zero. In Handle mode lock the sub, and jog the spindle until your dial indicator says it's right, note the C axis position on the sub, and insert the command M110; G0 C****; for the sub, into the program itself.

R

M19 works on my lb3000exmyw

M10C0 orients it to a different angle than M19 C125.

Try it.

There is an offset in the parameters as well. The offset in the params I believe is for orient for pickoff, the offset in the 2 spindle setup tab is offset of features in the program I believe. I don't know if they add together.... you can do a dead spindle pickoff but I just ran a job picking off a rectangle milled into an emergency collet live..... but I milled the shape in the sub collet oriented how I wanted.

M19 works on my lb3000exmyw

M19 does not lock the C axis as M110 does. It may orient it.

M10C0 orients it to a different angle than M19 C125.

You realize that you just stated C0. is different than C125. right? Yes I did know that. Try Milling just using M19 it doesn't work. I don't think you can change the position of the C with just M19, you need to engage the C-axis with M110.

Covered pretty well above on how to set the C axis offset in the machine setup, one thing you may run into would be that your machine does not allow both the main and subspindle to be C axis connected at the same time. Pretty sure that is a software option for milling between spindles or something like that. Way to get around that may be to on the main spindle side use M19, M110 C position on the subspindle side to get the orientation. This is assuming a dead spindle transfer, if using a live spindle transfer with spindles sync'ed, you may have to use the C axis offset on the main to rotate the square feature to the orientation of your collet on the sub.

M19 C# certainly does index C to the specified angle without C axis connection. There is an interlock release (can't remember the M code right now) that allows use of a live tool without the C axis connected. C positions faster than M110 and does not engage the brake, so it ends up quicker, but only use for light milling/drilling. M19 does not follow the C axis offset in the machine setup, I'm sure it is available somewhere to adjust it, but know for example that if M19 C0 has the #1 jaw up, any c axis offset will not change the M19 C0 chuck position.

M19 does not lock the C axis as M110 does. It may orient it.

You realize that you just stated C0. is different than C125. right? Yes I did know that. Try Milling just using M19 it doesn't work. I don't think you can change the position of the C with just M19, you need to engage the C-axis with M110.

I never said M19 locked it. That's why I added "and put on the brake" (button on the control)

Of course you shouldn't mill with M19, but he wasn't asking about milling, just how to orient two spindles together.

It should be as easy as

G140
M19C0
M code for spindle brake (cant remember off the top)

G141
M19C0

G140
Transfer

Would that work?

I never said M19 locked it. That's why I added "and put on the brake" (button on the control)

Of course you shouldn't mill with M19, but he wasn't asking about milling, just how to orient two spindles together.

It should be as easy as

G140
M19C0

G141
M19C0

G140
Transfer

Would that work?

It's square on the sub!

Hello.
Got it figured out.
In user parameters "1st -2nd spindle" on the control you can set the Sub Spindle C axis orientation. There are two parameters the second is what needs to be set. I determined the value of the offset by clamping onto the part and looking at spindle c position window.

Back