What's new
What's new

Hardinge T51 - No Z+ With Ladder Pics

Ox

Diamond
I am at a loss, and maybe someone else can help me on this.

Fanuc 18T

It has happened where it has appeared that the Z limit switch area has gotten too many chips flung up there - most always when running alum.
I open the rear door and clear out any debris in the channel, and all seems fine after that.

Even when that would happen tho - it would go in Z+ in cycle, but not in JOG.
WTF.gif

Well I am experiencing that again, and now I am actually down as I cannot get it to HOME out.

I checked both L/S's in Z. They both look clean and dry and check out fine with the meter. (continuity alarm anyhow)
If I click the O/T switch - the machine goes into E-stop right away. That works...
If I click the HOME switch, I can see it light up in the PLC. That works.

I can go into the ladder and the ladder sees the Z+ button on the HMI. That works.

I have had this machine for 24 years, and I cannot think of anything else that would be holding this thing up from JOGing in Z+.

Again - I have got the LA (lower axis - sub spindle linear) and the X to HOME, the Z just needs to return to the Z+ HOME L/S, but won't go.

And again - if this thing was HOMED, it would run parts fine as is.

Somehow I think the answer is in the ladder pics here.
The X axis works fine, but the X output is in the Z line on the next page, and seems to possibly be what is holding it up, but I don't understand how?

What am I missing?

EDIT:

Looking at those ladder pics this AM, I guess that I don't think that the answer is there anymore.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Attachments

• DSCN2706.jpg
    DSCN2706.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN2708.jpg
    DSCN2708.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
This is probably a longshot, but does the machine have a touch setter?

I had a similar problem and it turns out one of the plungers on the setter was gummed up and stuck in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No cannot MPG it either.

Yes on the probe, and I have had issues with that recently as the switches are deteriating and I haven't used it in many years, but that will throw it's own alarm when it thinks that it is out of position, and even then - you would still be able to JOG the axis - slowly. Just no rapid.

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I don't know how Hardinge set up the ladder, but check that the MREF (F4.5) signal is on when in reference mode. Check your feed axis (G100) and direction (G102) signals as well. One of those not being on is probably why the axis isn't moving.

This is probably a longshot, but does the machine have a touch setter?

I had a similar problem and it turns out one of the plungers on the setter was gummed up and stuck in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You win!

I knew that it was not seeing the arm down, BUT one of the individual switches was shorted "on" anyhow.

All four of those are now unhooked!

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

You win!

I knew that it was not seeing the arm down, BUT one of the individual switches was shorted "on" anyhow.

All four of those are now unhooked!

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Good deal!, glad you got it sorted out.

Sounds like the only thing it cost you was a few days of down time, which ain't so bad either.

A text to my Hardinge tech mentioned about the little switches, and then I got thinking that - maybe that was what you meant too.

Sure enough...

Yeah, I hadn't had much time to dink with it the last few days.
I would have liked it running, but it wasn't at the top of the list at that time.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back