What's new
What's new

Greenleaf Products

The only Greenleaf I have is a 2'' dia. grooving bar. I use it for O-rings, packings and such. Very high quality, as far as I'm concerned. Plus you can order direct from them. They're helpful people for application. This one has a thru hole for coolant.

I totally agree, used them several months ago. Had a turning job with some tool steel, called up the factory, applications recommended a great insert, plus they shipped same day in stock and made in the USA. Prices seem less than kennametal.

Their carbide is competitive in performance with most of the big names out there if you apply each in the proper way. Where Greenleaf really shines is in their whisker-reinforced ceramics used in rough machining of high-temp alloys. Put your flame suit on and let 'em rip!

This is good to hear as I just tried one of their inserts in 8620 a cpl weeks ago and couldn't even run 12' of stock (1 peel only!) before the edge burning completely out. Anything else that I have here would run many bars w/o issue.

I have been planning on trying them on something else soon. I am really hoping for the best here, but I am gun shy right now. :o

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

This is good to hear as I just tried one of their inserts in 8620 a cpl weeks ago and couldn't even run 12' of stock (1 peel only!) before the edge burning completely out. Anything else that I have here would run many bars w/o issue.

I have been planning on trying them on something else soon. I am really hoping for the best here, but I am gun shy right now. :o

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

What grade were you running?

Where Greenleaf really shines is in their whisker-reinforced ceramics used in rough machining of high-temp alloys. Put your flame suit on and let 'em rip!
+1

I've used Greenleaf ceramics for turning and facing Incoloy 800h and Inconel 718. (WG-300 I think..) Great stuff! The only numbers I can remember off the top of my head right now is a facing operation I had in the Incoloy 800h. I programmed a direct rpm of 2600 and .06" doc. I think it took around 7 seconds to face a 6" diameter part!:willy_nilly:

Ox, That is the grade we used on a S-7 job a couple of months ago. The apps guy from the factory told me that the 5025 grade is made to be run slower than the 5035. The 5025 shouldn't be run faster than .10 ipr if i remember correctly, we ran it around .08 if i remember correct. The 5035 was to be ran around .12 + ipr i think. Hope this helps.

I have had good luck with the WG-300 ceramic as well. The only carbide of theirs that I have used was some old grade (can't remember which it was) that they don't make anymore, but it was pretty good on 300 series SS and plain steel.

Jeff

I've run Greenleaf's WG300 ceramic insert on plugs for valves that were stainless with a layer of stellite welded on. The stellite was around 45-50rc. The apps guy came out and recommended speeds and feeds and he was right on the money. Inserts and toolholders were good quality.

That GA-5025 grade should've worked OK, but according to their website the GA-5035 would be a better choice for a high speed. So apparently Greenleaf is backward from all the others.

In Kennametal, Sandvik, Seco, Valenite and most others, the second pair of digits in the 4-digit grade system denote wear resistance vs. impact resistance. The lower 10 or 15 means it's harder, more wear resistant. The higher 30 or 35's mean it can take interrupted cuts better.

Well, for everyone but Greenleaf that is.

They seem to stock that GA-5025 grade the most according to these documents, so probably why they recommended it:

Product: 80° Diamond Chip Control CNGG/CNMG/CNMM

Product: 80° Trigon Chip Control WNMG

Ox, That is the grade we used on a S-7 job a couple of months ago. The apps guy from the factory told me that the 5025 grade is made to be run slower than the 5035. The 5025 shouldn't be run faster than .10 ipr if i remember correctly, we ran it around .08 if i remember correct. The 5035 was to be ran around .12 + ipr i think. Hope this helps.

That's feed rate, not cutting speed. And it's pretty high feed rates if in inches per revolution. Did you mean .010ipr, .008ipr, and .012ipr ? Feed rate and depth-of-cut is what you match to the insert's chipbreaker design. Cutting speed is what you relate to grade and coating.

I took it that he meant to have a nother "0" in there, but I don't know why changing the grade would make feedrate diff? Speed - sure, but feed?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I took it that he meant to have a nother "0" in there, but I don't know why changing the grade would make feedrate diff? Speed - sure, but feed?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yes i forgot a couple of 00000's, that's what happens when you are doing 3 things at once.:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Hello, can't seem to find Greenleaf Products, well found a doll house supply house. Please provide link or more info.

Thanks

Athack

Greenleaf Global Support - Welcome!

I dunno how there stuff uis, but they seem to have a nice BBQ pit for the employee picnic.

I was driving by a back road, and came up to the plant from behind, thought the roof lines
looked sort of nice so snapped this pix.

HPIM0833.jpg

Back