What's new
What's new

Gridlocked on Gridshift. Mori SV-50/Fanuc 18C

13engines

Stainless
Greetings All

Mid 90's Mori SV-50 VMC pallet changer. Ground up rebuild. Fanuc 18C control. With the machine exactly where I wanted its home positions to be, I've reset all home positions using P-Cancel and changing parameter 1815.4 to 1 and so on. Important: No deceleration, but hard over travel dogs only. Software limits. (Stored Stroke Check.) How do I zero return with existing and probably useless grid shift numbers, but still end up exactly where I want to be without crashing into anything in the process? Safe to crash margin is 5mm or less. Even though the machine uses absolute encoders, at some point this machine will need a zero return. It just will. As with this and most machines... there are even bulbs or LED's just waiting to be turned on by a Zero Return.

Current gridshift parameters are as follows: N1850 A1 P-12590 A2 P-7280 A3 P 4200 A4 P 0

It would be my guess, and also my doubt, that these numbers had anything to do with me changing parameter 1815.4 from 0 to 1. Should I now do a zero return, I can't imagine how they wouldn't pay it forward, and potentially try to run me past the stops.

My only thought is to zero out the shifts, run zero return, and calculate the shift needed to get where I'm going. I have taped the rails to mark where the bearing trucks should stop. I'm a little nervous about what a negative grid shift number means in reality. Wipes out my tape marks, or falls short? I'd prefer not to find out by trial and error. Please help if you can. Thank you.

For those knowledgeable of the SV-50 and 18C control, I have a few more questions for the future if you'd be so inclined to help. Many thanks in advance.

David

Last edited:

Back