What's new
What's new

Lathe Command M10 and M11 not working

ncimike3

Plastic
I have a Mori ZL-25 twin turret lathe with fanul 11TT control. I'm trying to get up and running parts from a bar with a new collet chuck and bar puller. The collet clamps and unclamps just fine when manually using the foot switch. Also the collet opens and closes when using the key switch which switches between od clamping or ID clamping. But in MDI or in Memory (Auto) mode the program will hold until I use the foot switch. Once the foot switch unclamps (or clamps depending on what the block calls for) the program will then continue to run. The program runs from "cycle start" just fine with the exception that the chuck never opens up when called out. Of course I start the cycle start with the chuck closed. I thought maybe there was a parameter setting that disabled the M10 or M11 commands. I looked through the parameter list and found no such parameter. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Mike

On my fanuc closing is M68, open is M69. M10 alor rpm with spindle open, M11 prevent rpm with open collet. Rest are limit switches...

I would expect the chuck to open and close when you turn the keyswitch for internal/external.That is normal.
Think of it this way.
You are set for external clamping and the chuck is open.I.E. jaws out
When you go to internal clamping the jaws have to move to keep the chuck open.I.E. jaws in.

Back