What's new
What's new

Fanuc 11T parameters

rainman

Cast Iron
Hi Guys,

Mori Seiki SL3, Fanuc 11T. Service man did some work (I wasn't there), and as far as I was told the machine was running when he left. Now, when powered up, we got the IPL screen. Went through the intialization process, which erases the bubble memory, and got it to reboot. Now we need to read parameters back in. I have a file, so that's not the problem. Set the RS232 parameters manually so we could read from our DNC computer. Set the 8000 parameter write enable, hit service, read all, and sent the parameter file from the DNC computer. For whatever reason, it did not read the file. Must have missed something. Can someone help with this? Also, we have a list of PC parameters (data table, timer) but no keep relay settings. Does this machine have keep relay settings?

sometimes you have to hand punch some to get it to work, there is a procedure. areyou using dos procomm to punch them in? it can make a difference.

No, what I did was set the RS232 parameters to match our DNC computer (9600 baud, 1 stop bit) so I could read them in from the computer as opposed to a tape (which is what the Fanuc manual talks about). We had punched them out a few years ago, and saved them for just such an occasion. Just can't figure out what I'm not doing... probably something simple.

I thought about all fanuc was defaulted at 9600,e,7,2 but I have my share on long cables running 4800 & 2400 baud but all run,7,2. You may try some different settings.

I thought about all fanuc was defaulted at 9600,e,7,2 but I have my share on long cables running 4800 & 2400 baud but all run,7,2. You may try some different settings.

After clearing bubble memory, there were no parameters at all. Everything was zeros. In fact, I tried downloading the parameter file I saved until I said "duh!" the RS232 settings are not set. Did that manually, but it still doesn't read in. I'm sure I'm just missing something stupid.

Went down this morning to try again. It's had a SV026 Illegal Axis Arrange alarm since initializing, which I figured would be cleared by reading in the parameters. Wondered if such an alarm would prevent normal operation, so I manually set #1023 to the factory settings, and alarm went away. Eureka! After that, I was able to read parameters. Fanuc side seems happy, but now, machine still won't move. In the initialization instructions I have, the last step says:
"Step 6: To restore, PMC parameters, press "NC/PC" key on keyboard. Press "PC-PRM". Enter Timers, Counter, Keep Relays and Data Tables."

May I assume this info is only available from Mori Seiki?

Back