purplechip is offline Plastic

Default haas door interlock parameter?

I have just started a new job in a small shop with 3 haas mills. I have been accustomed to turning off the door lock override with the past hass's I've experienced in with setting 51. Now, two of these three, (the older ones, 2002, 2004) allow me to set setting 51 to allow door open functionality. But the newer one, it doesn't work on that one. As I remember, the haas tech asked me if I wanted this option turned on or not when he installed the machine. IT IS NOT SETTING 51!! tHERE IS A PRELIMINARY PARAMETER! I wonder what it is! Does anyone know what parameter this is, or maybe I need to call haas.

Kris P is offline Hot Rolled

On the SL20 lathe I ran, I always just left a magnet on the little magnet interlock at the top of the door to override it. That way I could use the auger with the door open, and I didn't have to bother going into the settings every time I powered it up.

MikeJB is offline Aluminum

Does your boss know you are overriding the safety interlock?

Whether he knows about it or not you are putting his a** on the line by doing this. When the accident happens your lawyers will take him to the cleaners and Health and Safety agencies will be down on him like a ton of bricks.

I wonder if Haas does not allow this any more because of litigation concerns.

It is a SAFETY interlock.

Regards,

Mike.

nakedanvil is offline Aluminum
    A little NW of Mt. Rainy-er in Washington State

Well, should I tell him, guys? First you change the PARAMETER in 51 (or is it in 57?) then everytime you start up the machine you go to SETTING and enable "door hold override".