What's new
What's new

Haas/Hurco for prototype & production in Acetate

GreenhornNW

Plastic
Hello all,

I am new here, I know this question has been answered over and over and I have read every post I can find with regards to what machine to buy. I am looking to purchase a machine to prototype and produce eyeglass frames in Acetate. I would like the ability to make my own aluminum forms for heating & bending as well as make parts for small machinery that pertains to frame production. I was originally considering a Tormac machine due the price but the more i read about rigidity and speed i'm leaning towards spending more on a Haas mini mill or Hurco Vm5i.

While I will be running the most volume in acetate I would like to be able to use the same machine to prototype in Stainless Ti and Aluminum. I will likely not run any large volume of metal with machine; as we design products in other materials i would like the ability to machine our prototypes rather than send them out as we have been doing.

I have no CNC experience, I do have basic machining experience and am proficient in Solidworks and Rino. I also have ability to take time to learn and make mistakes while working towards taking our prototyping in house.

Thank you for your input, looking forward to what you all have to say.

Back