What's new
What's new

Haas Pull Stud Dimensions

Dave K

Diamond
Does anyone have the actual dimensions needed for the pull studs on a Haas with Cat 40 holders? Apparently Haas can't seem to get their head out of their backside. I've been chasing this down for a while now, and they cannot come up with a diagram that shows everything.
First they point me toward my manual. Manual doesn't have it. Then I ask them to show me in the manual where it is. I get turned over to someone else. That person sends me a link. First thing I come to on that link is the need for a user name and password. Oh boy, that helped a lot. :rolleyes5: Then this person opens it himself, and sends me a copy of the pull stud with some dimensions, but not all.

Are you kidding me Haas? As long as you've been making machining centers, this very important information is this hard to come by? Get your act together, sheesh!

They have garbage information regarding their retention stud.

4-Taper Spindle - Toolholder and Pull Stud Information | Customer Resource Center

However Maritool's is great IMO: HAAS Machining Centers Pull Studs - Retention Knobs - MariTool

cat40-haas-pullstud-1.jpg

Thanks for that Atom. Yes, the actual Haas site have so many dimensions unstated. Almost all tool manufacturers are giving tons of dimension information, but I have nothing from Haas to verify that the toolmakers have it correct. One would certainly think, that as important as this is, they would actually put that into the manual, instead of making a person go on an hours long hunt. Good grief!

Yes follow about link for HAAS pull studs. We have CAT40, BT40, BT30 in coolant thru or non coolant thru. These are very popular and we never had any issues with them not working on any HAAS machine. Just follow our torque recommendations. Everyone pretty much agrees that HAAS recommendation of 75-85 ft-lbs for retention knob is too high. Follow this torque chart...

MariTool

Yes follow about link for HAAS pull studs. We have CAT40, BT40, BT30 in coolant thru or non coolant thru. These are very popular and we never had any issues with them not working on any HAAS machine. Just follow our torque recommendations. Everyone pretty much agrees that HAAS recommendation of 75-85 ft-lbs for retention knob is too high. Follow this torque chart...

MariTool

Thanks very much Frank!!

Back