What's new
What's new

A happy plug for AB Tools

implmex

Diamond
Hi All:
I just got a set of form cutters from AB Tools for milling a conical Oring seat in 316 SS on a production job.
I couldn't be happier with what they made for us!!!
Normally I grind or wire cut all our own formtools, but since this is a moderate volume production job and we needed really tight consistency from cutter to cutter, we decided to go with an outside vendor.

Alfred and his guys did a brilliant job on these.
I gave them the material spec, and the profile geometry and asked them to use their own judgement on what to make for us: we got back a 3 flute cutter, uncoated with about 5 degrees of positive rake.

These things cut slicker than snot and leave a beautiful finish; better than I was able to achieve with the form cutter I ground to do the process planning and prototyping, and I took a fair bit of care making that first cutter because of the tight finish requirement.

So all of you that need form cutters...go to Alfred at AB Tools!

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
www,vancouverwireedm.com

Hi Old Friend,

Alf and Jon make it look easy. Don't they? Been using them for over a year now. You and I have very similar backgrounds and views on things like this and I have always done the same as you when making custom tooling and inserts. But Alf and Jon have made it too darn easy to simply ring them up, shoot over a DXF of the form, and have a completed form tool arrive in a box a few days later. And, as you have now experienced, they're flawless. Every time.

We've had a similar experience. We have a bunch of Accuholds (which work awesome for micro tool holding) and recently had them make some helical concave key seat tools, which went smoothly.

AB Tools is awesome. Always good stuff coming out of there. Really nice guys as well. Two thumbs up.

Back