What's new
What's new

Hardinge CS42 Fanuc OT: Is my axis driver board dead?

kstone

Aluminum
Well I just got done replacing the bearings in my spindle and got the spindle back in the machine today. And of course when I power up the machine I get several alarms 400 414 434 and also ram parity error alarm. I power down the machine and power it back up and some alarms are cleared but the 400 related alarms remain. I have had these 400 alarms before and powering down and back up has solved the issue. But today they would not go away.

I checked the voltages at the transformers and all check out. I checked the voltages on the axis board and some were around 90 volts. But I dont really know what the voltages should be at certain points on the axis board. Also none of the LED's on the axis board are lit.

I think this has nothing to do with the removal and installation of spindle. The machine has not been powered up for a few weeks while the spindle was out. And I have read that the Fanuc electronics are very sensitive and extended periods of off time can bring up problems.

I did back up my parameters when I got the machine a couple of months ago and double checked the parameters and they are unchanged.

IMG_20150317_120341.jpgIMG_20150317_144211.jpg

Back