What's new
What's new

NC Link to Okuma lathe with OSP5020L controller

Okumas use filename.min format for files. Not sure what they use the O word for but I think you still need it. List your file A.min and you should see the program number in the beginning.

When I save a program I have to save it as a .MIN file right? On the Fanuc controller I save every thing as a .TXT file.All the programs for the lathe start with a $L and for the mill they start with $M I couldn't get the program to load so I changed to % to start and it loaded into memory.But it still showed up as a A.MIN

There is no Oxxx number per se... The FileName.MIN is what you ref. when doing a PIP|Read If you do *not* use the .MIN file name (and it does not show up at the top of your program files as listed below, you will have problems:

==== BEGINNING CODE SAMPLE ====

$LatheOp1.MIN%
N100 ( COMMENTS HERE )
N102 blah blah blah
N104 blah blah blah
N200 M2
%

==== END CODE SAMPLE ====
Chazsani

You will not see the % on the machine... only at the editor at the PC.
Re: Oxxxx, I ditched the Oxxxx naming schema for the following name schema:
LMT1234LOP1-001.MIN
LMT = 3 char field for client company
1234 = last four numbers of client Part Number
LOP1 = Lathe Operation 1
-001 = file version
The Okuma allows for longer file names.
Chazsani

So when I am trying to send your example to the lathe from the pc it would be $LMT1234LOP1-001.MIN%
At the PC, I would open the file: LMT1234LOP1-001.MIN
The file would like the following:
++++ BEGIN CODE SAMPLE ++++
$LMT1234LOP1-001.MIN%
N100 ( SOME COMMENTS )
N102 BLAH BLAH BLAH
N104 BLAH BLAH BLAH
N200 M2
%
++++ END CODE SAMPLE ++++
Having the % at the end of the file w/o an "Nxxx" is important.

Chazsani

You were spot on with $L1234567.MIN% and the % on the line after the M30.Thanks
Now I got to figure out how to punch the program back to the pc with NC-LINK.What is the process?

PIP|PUNCH are the keystrokes... then the file nam w/o the .MIN On the. 5020, you may be able to do PIP|PUNCHthen do a *.MIN and punch all files to PC. I am at dinner right and can look into the exacts tomorrow. Yup, working on President's Day.
Chazsani

Back