What's new
What's new

Heideinhain Preset Table

xideeR

Plastic
Hi guys!
I'm new to the forum.

Just a quick question.

Is there a way to save the preset coordinates in the actual program so they overwrite the old coordinates when starting the program.
Like with iso programing you just write G54 I5 x-250 y200 z100.

Best regards!

Hi guys!
I'm new to the forum.

Just a quick question.

Is there a way to save the preset coordinates in the actual program so they overwrite the old coordinates when starting the program.
Like with iso programing you just write G54 I5 x-250 y200 z100.

Best regards!

Not sure of your terminology, but sounds like you are looking for Datum Shift

Not sure of your terminology, but sounds like you are looking for Datum Shift

I'm looking for a way to save the machine coordinates in the actual program for later use. So I don't have to probe the part next time I get the order.

Not datum shift. But the use of preset table system. (Cycle 247 Datum setting).

So if I use preset number 12 for part 1 and preset number 12 for part 2.
Then another guy comes along and uses preset number 12. Then he fucks with the coordinates for that part and I have to redo the probing next time.
But if I can save the coordinates like in ISO programing (look at the example in my first post) then there's no risk for it.

Hope you understand now. :)

Well at least one HH manual says:

"The preset table has the name PRESET.PR, and is saved in the directory
TNC:\. PRESET.PR is editable only in the Manual Operation and
Electronic Handwheel modes. In the Programming and Editing mode
you can only read the table, not edit it."

Note however that the whole table can be copied elsewhere on the machine, and for that matter copied off to a PC with the TNCremote tool.

You could go read about cycle 400 and friends, but I suspect that saving/reloading the preset table is closer to what you are trying to achieve.

(HH manuals are online....)

You have a hundred and some odd presets available, Do you really have to fight over the same handful of them.? Daytime guy which is me, uses the top end of the table, the nite time guy which is occasionally, uses the lower end of the table. The rule is, don't mess with the other guys presets,, EVER. If there is a trust issue, then you will have to export the preset table and import yours every time, maybe even do the same with the tool table as well.

The preset tables are capable of being saved as simple text files like bryan_machine says. Copy it, rename it and save it with your other job files. Rename it back when you want to use it again. But it always has to be named PRESET.PR to be used again. Also, and I forget the key strokes involved, you can add as many new preset lines as you want. And, and........,.you don't have to pay for them, unlike another control manufacturer we won't mention. Most files in a HH control are just text files that can be saved offline. Just be careful about over writing one that you don't want to over write. Careful file keeping.

Paul

Thanks for the answers guys!
I'll check in to the different ideas you have and see whats best for me.

Keep up the good work!

Best regards.

Back