What's new
What's new

Heidenhain 620 Control - Setting Time

Chris Harris

Cast Iron
I have been trying to find where to set the time on my Heidenhain 620 control. Should be the same as the 3 and 5 series. I have looked through the manual (and may well have missed something) but I cannot find out where to do this extremely simple operation.

Any help?

9055 is a Module. There is also a machine parameter MP7235 and MP7266. I don't have any information on the 620 control. What machine is this?

Daryl

9055 is a Module. There is also a machine parameter MP7235 and MP7266. I don't have any information on the 620 control. What machine is this?

Daryl

It it is a Fehlmann Picomax with the TNC620 control (2014 model). I did enter 9055 into the MOD function but it did not recognize the code.

i will call Heidenhain US in the morning and get it sorted.

Thanks

chris

I have been trying to find where to set the time on my Heidenhain 620 control. Should be the same as the 3 and 5 series. I have looked through the manual (and may well have missed something) but I cannot find out where to do this extremely simple operation.

Any help?

Not sure what software version you are using but on the newest software you can
Go to MOD menu
Select the System settings
Press the SET DATE/TIME soft key

But I'm guessing you don't have this version

IF you are connected and using TNCRemo you can go to TNCcmd and type in "synctime" this will sync time and date from your computer to control.

This is the method that I always use or 3,4 and 5 series controls

On the Heidenhain iTNC 530 controls it is parameter 9055. Maybe it's the same, not sure.

Daryl

This is mostly misinformation for the average user.
Modules, such as 9055, are called and written in the PLC and shouldn't be played with.
MP7266 has to do with what's shown in the tool table columns.
MP7235 is for setting the timezone.

Now that I'm at work had a chance to look at the manual to see offical instructions

13.5 Setting the System Time

- Setting the time to the second
If you want to set the system time of TNC 620 to the second, contact the HEIDENHAIN helpline.
While setting the time, you can also set or alter the date.

-Difference to universal time
 Call the machine parameter list --> see “Machine Parameters” on page 30 – 477.
 Place the cursor on the parameter offsetToUTC (105201).
 Enter the difference between local time and system time (input -12 to +14 hours).

Note
UTC (= Universal Time Coordinated) is used as system time.

 Confirm your entry with OK.
 Press the SAVE soft key.
 Now, press the SHUT DOWN CONTROL soft key. --> The control will automatically restart after several seconds.

Note
Changeover to winter / summer time is not automatic.
For this purpose offsetToUTC must/may be adjusted.

Now that I'm at work had a chance to look at the manual to see offical instructions

13.5 Setting the System Time

- Setting the time to the second
If you want to set the system time of TNC 620 to the second, contact the HEIDENHAIN helpline.
While setting the time, you can also set or alter the date.

-Difference to universal time
 Call the machine parameter list --> see “Machine Parameters” on page 30 – 477.
 Place the cursor on the parameter offsetToUTC (105201).
 Enter the difference between local time and system time (input -12 to +14 hours).

Note
UTC (= Universal Time Coordinated) is used as system time.

 Confirm your entry with OK.
 Press the SAVE soft key.
 Now, press the SHUT DOWN CONTROL soft key. --> The control will automatically restart after several seconds.

Note
Changeover to winter / summer time is not automatic.
For this purpose offsetToUTC must/may be adjusted.

Thanks. It is pretty apparent that they do not want you to reset the time. The option is greyed out on my control.

I think that is wrong but I wonder if it has something to do with them wanting to tie up the control and the date and/or number of uses at which you lose your free upgrades.

This is mostly misinformation for the average user.

I wouldn't even call myself average on any Heidenhain product. I was just looking up parameters since no one had answered him. I am way below average on Heidenhain, lol.

On a Fanuc though it's so easy that even a caveman could do it. "MDI" mode, "offset", "setting", cursor down to the time and change it. You don't even have to turn "parameter write enable" on in most cases.

Chris, it seems odd to me that you can't change it, that just doesn't make sense. Sorry I couldn't help. Daryl

I wouldn't even call myself average on any Heidenhain product. I was just looking up parameters since no one had answered him. I am way below average on Heidenhain, lol.

On a Fanuc though it's so easy that even a caveman could do it. "MDI" mode, "offset", "setting", cursor down to the time and change it. You don't even have to turn "parameter write enable" on in most cases.

Chris, it seems odd to me that you can't change it, that just doesn't make sense. Sorry I couldn't help. Daryl

Thanks Daryl, you helped fine. I will get Heidenhain to sort this out in the morning. It is odd that they don't allow such and easy fix especially when their clock is so poorly calibrated.

Well, I finally got an answer to this matter. If you have the Linux based control (my TNC620 is Linux) you can very easily change the time. I wish it was somewhere in the manual. And believe me this took more than a week to resolve at Heidenhain. I think there are so many versions that it is hard to find someone who has experience on the later controls.

The way to do it is simply move your mouse to the bottom of the screen and a menu bar pops up. You then click on the Heidenhain icon and choose settings and then Date/Time. I did not even realise that one could invoke the menu bar with the mouse.

Hope this helps someone.

Incidentally, Heidenhain did tell me that I should check into the fact that my clock is running fast, they did not like that idea. So that will get addressed in the New Year.

Back