What's new
What's new

Help!....again.....x z axis detection error

patiobob

Plastic
Once again I'm in need of someone with much more experience than I have. So pretty much...anyone. As a newbie to CNC machining this has been mostly fun, some crash and burn, and a lot of scratching my head over what has mostly turned out to be just not knowing what I don't know. So here I am again.
I've had some random x or y server errors on start up from time to time. I do notice it seems to happen after an extreme temperature change,(cnc is in my detached garage and it take a while to warm up) but don't know if it is just a coincidence. Mostly I've been able to fix with a simple turn off of all the power and restart.
Last night I had an overload error on start up with both and x and z detect server error. Several shuts offs later it went away.
This morning I ended up with the overload error, both an x and z server detect error and a spindle error. The spindle error went away after a few shut offs, but I've spent my entire day reading and checking on different parts of the system and can't get the other codes to clear. I even brought in an electrician to check the power to the unit as I run a phase converter. One of the troubleshooting guides list motor thermostat as a possible cause. The fact it happens with a change in weather sort of makes me think maybe, but it is on both motors and axis? Any ideas? Is there a common thermostat on the computer? Am I even looking in the right place. Checked all fuses and thermal breakers already. Learned about the thermal breakers last time from someone on here! Oh yeah..It's a fanuc ot supermax lathe Thanks in advance!

Back