What's new
What's new

Experience with Levil CNC??

Rich L

Hot Rolled
I'm wondering if anyone has real or second-hand experience with the Levil CNC benchtop systems ( Levil Technology - Tabletop CNC Milling Machines ). The reason I am asking is that these machines seem to operate with real feedback control systems rather than steppers and they use some variant of the G-code convention which should be easy to deal with since I'm familiar with my Fanuc machine. The purpose for me would be to do lightweight milling generally with soft materials, aluminum, brass, nickel silvers, silver - not interested in hogging 304 stainless or any of the waspy/hasty alloys. It won't, anyway. I understand that these are not heavyweight (they are really pretty lightweight - extraordinarily lightweight - which can present problems) and the spindle size and support is not as rigid (sticks out a lot) as I would wish for. It also has what appear to be a proprietary taper with every tool holder having an ER collet fixed on the end.

So, ... anyone have one, watch one, throw one out??

I'm prepared for all the opinions :) even if it's "... good only for milling a hair's breadth off a hair's width..."

I'm interested in:

reliability, bugaboos, kudos
real experience with any runout problems and machined finish
excessive chatter, limitations on DOC, chipload, etc
toolchanger quirks
4th and 5th axis quirks
etc.

Thanks and cheers,
Rich

Back