What's new
What's new

Help! getting computer to talk to BTR, Matsuura, CIMCOM

MccTool

Plastic
So I have my matsuura mc500v System m5g (yasnac 3000g) up and running, It has a BTR from a company called Western NC Supply. I now have their software, a program called CIMCOM v.4.09.

I am not sure how to prepare the machine to receive the g-code. anybody running CIMCOM or this model matsuura???

Thank you

Attachments

• Matsuura control panel.jpg
    Matsuura control panel.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 288
Just wanted to post an update, the "BTR" from western numerical control (WNC) wasn't. That is to say, it was an interface between a dos based computer and the machine. This did not come to light until after they had sold me their cable and their software... then it was "too bad- we don't support that any more, we'll sell you a new BTR"... Wrong. Ultimately I ordered a new BTR from Greco Systems (greco-systems). Vito was extremely helpful in every step of getting my machine going and his price beat anything else I found. I can not begin to recommend Greco enough.
The Mill is up and running great, the chips at long last are flying (nearly a year to get this far)

I had a few other threads regarding this machine- thanks to all who offered help

Mac

I have a few cimcom BTR things I've pulled off machines. I thought they were BTR's and maybe had some value. Guess I should chuck them out.

there is a btr that was sold by WNC and is still supported. off the top of my head I do not recall the name of the maker but I did speak to him. A true BTR is still good. this was a little black box, appx 3"x4" by about an inch thick, two red LED lights. 25 pin connector. that is the one to avoid... I have seen others asking about them. by date code on the microchips inside it was made about 1993. your units should carry some value I would think

sorry for the confusion

Mac

Back