Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    fivendime is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    79

    Default Help with Matsuura errors

    A little background, I have a 30hp American Rotary phase converter powering my MC-760V (MX-1 controller). I watched the machine run before I had the rigging company move it to my shop. I have it all wired, when I try to start it only the fans come on, the hydraulics do not come on.

    The errors I am getting are, in order:

    330: Emergency stop
    310: Servo off

    I know about hitting the green start button to turn on the servos. But nothing happens. Holding the reset and start button does nothing too. Both e-stops are released.

    The machine has air, all fluids are full. I have researched and found a few threads about the error but no one updates the threads to say what their errors were caused by.

    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

  2. #2
    machtool is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    Since you have just installed it, first thing I’d do is check for phase rotation. I’d assume that’s a 3 phase 200V machine?

    I normally find the cheapest 3 phase motor on the machine, coolant pump, swarf conveyor etc, that has a direction arrow on it. Then find the motor contactor for it and give it a manual jab. You need some one watching the motor. You could even use the hydraulic motor as a last resort, but just for a short time.

    Phil.

  3. #3
    fivendime is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machtool View Post
    Since you have just installed it, first thing Id do is check for phase rotation. Id assume thats a 3 phase 200V machine?

    I normally find the cheapest 3 phase motor on the machine, coolant pump, swarf conveyor etc, that has a direction arrow on it. Then find the motor contactor for it and give it a manual jab. You need some one watching the motor. You could even use the hydraulic motor as a last resort, but just for a short time.

    Phil.
    Yes it is 3 phase but it is 240V. I will try that thanks!

  4. #4
    CPT Crunch is online now Cast Iron
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Is the chiller connected and turned on? Typically, the chiller, coolant pump overload, and hydraulic pump overload are wired to the e-stop loop. Did you get the wiring diagrams for your machine?

  5. #5
    fivendime is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Just pushed the coolant contact, rotating correctly. I was able to go to the controller, clear the alarms, move the table/spindle, then it errors out again (same two as before) within a minute.

  6. #6
    fivendime is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPT Crunch View Post
    Is the chiller connected and turned on? Typically, the chiller, coolant pump overload, and hydraulic pump overload are wired to the e-stop loop. Did you get the wiring diagrams for your machine?
    No I did not get the wiring diagram for the machine. But the wiring diagram for the cooler was on the lid of the cooler. Plus all of the wires were numbered as were the termanals.\


    Any other ideas?

  7. #7
    Solar71 is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hermosa Beach California
    Posts
    3,676

    Default

    Damn im sorry you're having that problem.

    That Error you're getting is a very standard (common) error.

    Double check you're e-stop. Make sure its reset.
    If you have a chip conveyor, it will also have an e-stop. (reset that one too)
    If you have a pallet changer, it will also have its own e-stop. (reset that one too)

    So you could have between 1 to 3 e-stops. ALL have to be reset.

    Good luck.

  8. #8
    Dave Cross is offline Stainless
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South West Canada
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fivendime View Post
    Just pushed the coolant contact, rotating correctly. I was able to go to the controller, clear the alarms, move the table/spindle, then it errors out again (same two as before) within a minute.
    So you weren't doing anything and the servo's just turned off?

  9. #9
    fivendime is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cross View Post
    So you weren't doing anything and the servo's just turned off?
    Nothing. I just moved the head off the wood blocks and and paused for 10-15 seconds and then it shut off. I can go back and hit the contact for the coolant pump and go to the controller and clearthe errors. But with in a minute or so it will error out again while doing nothing.

    Maybe the wiring to the spindle cooler is wrong? All the wires were numbered with matching terminals. Minus the ground. Which is where I used the diagram to go to the correct terminal.

    Also it has 2 e-stops which are both out.

  10. #10
    Dave Cross is offline Stainless
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South West Canada
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    I think something in your procedure is not correct.

    If your E stop buttons are out,
    -Press reset, this should only get rid of alarm 330, 310 should clear for a second but come back on
    -Next hit the power on button on the control, this should energize the servos
    - turn the Mode switch to Jog, and turn on the zero return toggle switch
    -make sure all axis are about 4 inches away from their home positions, then push the + button for each axis and hold it until the home position light for that axis comes on


    Also as you face the machine, the large cabinet on the right hand side, open it up, look on the right wall, there is a gold plate with a toggle switch, I think it is labeled 1ts or 1t5, is it in position "normal" or "release"?

  11. #11
    fivendime is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cross View Post
    I think something in your procedure is not correct.

    If your E stop buttons are out,
    -Press reset, this should only get rid of alarm 330, 310 should clear for a second but come back on
    -Next hit the power on button on the control, this should energize the servos
    - turn the Mode switch to Jog, and turn on the zero return toggle switch
    -make sure all axis are about 4 inches away from their home positions, then push the + button for each axis and hold it until the home position light for that axis comes on


    Also as you face the machine, the large cabinet on the right hand side, open it up, look on the right wall, there is a gold plate with a toggle switch, I think it is labeled 1ts or 1t5, is it in position "normal" or "release"?


    It is shutting the servos off before I can get it homed. I will check the switch when I get home.

    Does anyone have this same spindle cooler they can take a pic of the way theirs is wired up?

    Thanks for all the replys!

  12. #12
    knc's Avatar
    knc
    knc is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA.
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Its been awhile since I've ran a matsurra, isn't there a reset button inside the spindle cooler? We had to remove the access cover, inside was a orange light, next to it was a reset button. I could be wrong, its been 15 plus years.

  13. #13
    Solar71 is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hermosa Beach California
    Posts
    3,676

    Default

    Could also be...

    X,Y,or Z driver boards.
    Our Matsuura just blew its X, and Y driver boards within 3 weeks.

    Then 2 weeks later. The main spindle drive board blew.

    But now its all back up and running...

    If its a driver board for an axis servo your looking at about 1,100-1,200$ to repair.
    If its the main spindle driver (and it probably isnt) Your looking at about 2,500$ to repair.

    Good luck man. We just went through this crap here and i wouldnt wish it on anyone.

    PS : Are your servos and drives Yaskawa ?

  14. #14
    fivendime is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solar71 View Post
    Could also be...

    X,Y,or Z driver boards.
    Our Matsuura just blew its X, and Y driver boards within 3 weeks.

    Then 2 weeks later. The main spindle drive board blew.

    But now its all back up and running...

    If its a driver board for an axis servo your looking at about 1,100-1,200$ to repair.
    If its the main spindle driver (and it probably isnt) Your looking at about 2,500$ to repair.

    Good luck man. We just went through this crap here and i wouldnt wish it on anyone.

    PS : Are your servos and drives Yaskawa ?


    I hope it not the drives. I'm pretty sure they are the Yaskawa drives.

    Yes there is a reset button inside the cooler but it is not tripped.

  15. #15
    knc's Avatar
    knc
    knc is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA.
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Have you checked your phase to phase voltages? A rotary phase convertor will create a high voltage leg. Make sure it is within your machine specs.

  16. #16
    fivendime is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knc View Post
    Have you checked your phase to phase voltages? A rotary phase convertor will create a high voltage leg. Make sure it is within your machine specs.
    Yes, I have checked that. It is well with in the % the manual I have calls for. I'm going off memory but they were with in 5%. The machine calls for >10% of a variance again off memory.

  17. #17
    SND
    SND is offline Diamond
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,221

    Default

    And you got that generated leg on the slot where its least likely to be a problem for the control and such right?

  18. #18
    Solar71 is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hermosa Beach California
    Posts
    3,676

    Default

    Do yourself a favor. Goto your controler cabinet. The one with the axis drive boards, not the one with the main spindle drive board.

    Look at the X axis drive board. You should see a RED/White/Yellow Wires coming off the bottom.

    Thore are the power and signal wires that lead to your X asix servo.
    Power off the machine. Turn the breaker off too. (just to be safe)
    Then unscrew the 3 wire leads so they are no longer connected to the drive.

    Then see if the machine turns on ok...

    If it turns on then you know what the problem is. (the X axis drive or the X axis servo)
    If it does NOT turn on, then try the Y axis drive...
    Then again with the Z axis drive...

    Thats exactly what we did to diagnose our matsuura.

    Also, label the wires and draw a simple diagram on a paper so you know how to put the wires back.

    Once you put all the wires back, turn the machine on. MAKE SURE YOUR HAND IS HOVERING OVER THE E-STOP (just incase you get a runaway axis)

    Good luck man.

  19. #19
    Greg White is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pinckney Mi.
    Posts
    2,410

    Default

    My mat. will do what sounds like your talking aboot,my problem is a drooping t/c arm,I climb up top with a ink pen and push a silanoid,t/c arm pulls up and alarm goes away,send her home and run the chit outa her.

    I am no techi,previos owner showed me.
    Gw

  20. #20
    fivendime is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg White View Post
    My mat. will do what sounds like your talking aboot,my problem is a drooping t/c arm,I climb up top with a ink pen and push a silanoid,t/c arm pulls up and alarm goes away,send her home and run the chit outa her.

    I am no techi,previos owner showed me.
    Gw
    Where is this solenoid located you are talking about.

    I also tried the switch where the axis drives are both location and still errors out after a minute. Also if you wait 5 miniutes you will be able to reset the alarm and it will run for another minute.

    I have not disconnected the axis drives yet. But can give that a try tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •