What's new
What's new

Help me outfit a 4th axis on my fadal

macds

Hot Rolled
I've tried emailing fadalcnc (havnt heard anything back, multiple times), kmac (referred me to fives, who appearantly now owns fadal name), and another more local company. Zero luck.

I have a 98 AC 4020, not prewired.
I have the DC rotary, an advanced motion controls 40acnh 20A DC (160Vmax) amp, and a 1010-5 control card with the v95.1k-5 ABnolim proms.

Im pretty sure I need the 4th prewire bundle, the inhibit circuit, and the brake solenoid + wiring.
I would assume the wiring bundle would be ordered for a DC machine (i need dc output for my rotary), as the power into the amp would be ac in either case.

Not sure if im missing anything, but im lacking on schematics (im lacking the schemas for this machine).

Would anyone be willing to hold my hand a bit through this?
What should I order from fadalcnc to make this happen, and can ya'll offer a wiring schematic for me?

Thanks guys!

Hi Stu,

If I were you, I would call ITSCNC out of Chatsworth, CA. They have been fantastic for me, and I am sure they will get you fixed up in no time.

It sounds like you have all the major components, and should be able to piece it together. Please let me know how it turns out, as I would love to do the same upgrade to my 4020 (DC machine with 88HS / -5 control).

BTW, Did you get rid of your parts machine? If not, I am still interested.

Good Luck!

- Brian

What table are you going to use? I installed a troyke 9" table on my VMC40. It is a 1992 DC machine and I was already prewired for a 4th.
I stole a table off of Ebay and it came with a Fanuc AC servo installed. I bought a DC motor from the classifieds here and then machined an adapter for the belt drive pulley. Plumbed the air solenoids and we are off to the races.
I do love FadalCNC but I don't think you will get a good response via email. Calling is in order. It was nice for me to install a used table and save a bundle. The fadal is so easy to change ratio diameters on, there was very little to change in the parameters.
Just my experience and FYI...

G... I found a lightly used vh65 a couple years ago, along with the amp and board for $1000. thought that was a decent price, so long as it functions without TOO much rebuilding...

we got our 4th axis vh-65, had over 10 years now. comes with like a 8-10 pin connector and a air line one to.
they also installed another circuit board to. i would go for the fadal one, just to keep everything simple later.

Back