What's new
What's new

(Help) Meldas M330V need hide unused axis

namnp2007

Plastic
Daer all.
My MelLaser CNC machine( Model: ML2512LX, with Meldas M330-V controller) was display all 6 axes on screen, and alarm that the 5th and 6th axis was have hard ware OT switch On, then it's not alow any moving of any axis. I was change the parameter #10 axoff= 1 for 4th+ 5th + 6th axes but the trouble was not fix. Please guide me how to fix this problem.

Any help would be much appreciated

Base_Param#1.jpg

4th+5th axis alarm.jpg

, and alarm that the 5th and 6th axis was have hard ware OT switch On, then it's not alow any moving of any axis. I was change the parameter #10 axoff= 1 for 4th+ 5th + 6th axes but the trouble was not fix. Please guide me how to fix this problem.
I take it that's a Mitsubishi Laser, and a gantry /dual drive machine, if you have 2 X axe's looking at your parameters. And it's 5 axis if it has a 5th & 6th A & B axis.

You should never have played with the parameter's. Seems to me, you have just tried to turn the, 5th & 6th axe's off. That wont work.

Your alarm was "5th and 6th axis was have hard ware OT switch". A hardware switch is a real physical switch, Normally a limit switch, but they can be proximity switches. That alarm is telling you, it is resting on a real switch. Its over-travelled some how.

If its in a 4th & 5th axis head, they can be internal. You might not even know they are there, unless you follow the wiring back.

And the wiring from the switch. Over - Travel switches are wired Normally Closed. (N.C) They almost have the hierarchy of an Emergency Stop button. That means they have to have a circuit, all the way out, and through the switch, and back to the control. So a broken wire, bad terminal etc, wont complete the circuit. The switch could be fine, but if the wiring has a break, you will get that alarm. I'd assume that wiring has to go through 3 energy chains / X, Y & Z . Common causes for a broken wire, is in a travelling cable chain.

Given your location, and what I Googled about ML2512LX. This would be a late 1990's machine? You can expect wiring problems.

Trying to turn of Axe's in parameters wont help you. Best restore those parameters, as you found them. That Alarm. "O.T Switch On". That's a real switch wiring problem. It needs some one who can drive a multi meter, and a terminal screwdriver.

Regards. Phil.

Dear machtool.
Thanks you so much for your reply.
Yes, I can fix the OT alarm for 4th and 5th axes( I wired X24, X2C, X25 and X2D to +24V DC), the machine's now not say about OT problem, but about 4th and 5th Amp. Unequiped( Pls. see attached picture). Then I have to tell the controller is not controlled 4th and 5th axes. Do you know how to do it or were I have to pay attention.
Thanks you, again.
Nam.

I have reduced the limits of controlled axes by input (300) () (S) at I/F DIAGNOSIS screen and press TOOL/PARAM to find OPTION screen( Does any one know where or how to seach the documents, witch is telling about this?), then I change the " axino" to 2( for only 3 axes controlled).
Do any one know the meanning of Option and System parameter.
Thanks so much.

Option parameter.jpg

System parameter.jpg

Back