What's new
What's new

help with progamming Hurco TMX10MYS

MrM0j0

Plastic
Having problems programming radial slots in 304 Stainless. Started out breaking end mills. seemed to have fixed that issue, for the time being anyway, but now the shape of one of my slots has changed. The only change in the program I have made is adding some position blocks so i'm not running my end mill into my part. I have 2 slots in the front of the front of the part, dim., .142 x .105 and .085 x .140. I added a pocket in the back of the part, .160 x .100. The problem I am now having is the .085 slot has changed shape. I am using a 1/16 end mill and originally had it programmed to cut the slot width at .085, it actually cut it at .092, which is about .007 too big so I changed the program to cut slot width at .07 to see if that would make the slot smaller and it actually cut it at .100 plus the shape of it changed. Can somebody explain this to me?

See if you can get ahold of Justin Smalls tomorrow at Hurco, he's pretty sharp. otherwise if you want to PM me a print and a couple cell phone pics of your program blocks, I can look and see if something is obviously wrong... We have had our MYS for a couple few years now, sometimes it's a simple thing you messed up, sometimes the machine has an aneurism... In any case, let me know if you can't figure it out and I'll try to help!

I got it figured out with the cutter comp. thanks for the input from both of you tho. And yes i've noticed this machine having a lot of "aneurisms" Thanks again to both of you. what do you mean when you say "post your code"?

Glad you got it figured out. Did you have it comped in the wrong direction, as suggested?

And by post your code, we mean share the actual g-code that is giving you problems. Many of the guys here dream in g-code and can spot a G42/G43 in the wrong place from a mile away. Hell, we occasionally catch a GO1 instead of a G01, even.

It's conversational programming, I don't do ANY G coding on this machine. I do have the choice to program in G code but that isn't what I've been doing. Would it be easier for me to program that way?

No. The g code side of it is primarily to dump CAM files onto the controller. Conversational is way faster and easier once you know what you are doing.

Back