What's new
What's new

Following error

MacMasterMike

Aluminum
The machine is a benchman VMC 5000 with vickers acramatic 2100 controller. Controller boots up and loads the software just fine. When i go to power up the machine all three axis will move very slowly in a direction until either they get to their following error limit or run into a limit switch. The error will show up for X and Z. The movement on the axis doesnt seem to be driven very fluid, which i would say is caused by the motor not moving well at that slow speed not a mechanical problem with ball screw. Sort of gets hung up sometimes. I can mess around in the controller options to get the axis to move quicker but still the same thing where itll move to either limit. Had it Zip off real quick on me once when attempting something from out of the manual to calibrate servo related things. The machine will then power off. Havnt gotten the machine to the point where i could try jogging an axis in a direction with a pendant or command. Moving the axis manually however will display on the controller how much an axis has been moved. Also i think the motors are ok despite their finicky movement.

Having contacted the manufacturer they suggested a cleaning, tensioning of the belt, and setting up an indicator on an axis. The indicator tests result incremental movements that should work out. For instance moving a tenth on the indicator results in the same movement on the controller only off by a thousandth over repeated movements. The off set is of corse due to me not being able to move a perfect tenth every time. Anyways all axis seemed to result accurate very close results so I contacted the manufacture again and they needed to get back to me on monday. The machine to them is outdated and the tech didnt have the info in front of him to look into what else it could be.

Knowing how detailed the 2100 controller can get i figured maybe there is some setting in there that is throwing things off. So i contacted Siemens and they suggested it was a driver issue. I'm new to the CNC world so I don't have the best of understanding of their electronics so hopefully this wont get too over my head though im sure I'll figure it out.

Anyways I'm asking the knowledgeable user base of this forum if they have any ideas as to where to look/work on next or anything about following errors.

Also if anyone out there knows anything about the 2100 i have certain lights that stay on pendant which could perhaps tell me something

Back