What's new
What's new

Need 2 Parts Made

bvanpelt

Plastic
I have a 1905 patent drawing that describes 2 parts similar to a pulley.

I do not have dimensions,but i do have a drawing,was hoping someone could look at the drawing and read the description to mill the parts.

If the initial set of wheels work, then i will need larger sets made.

. The Diameter of the wheel is approx 10 to 12 inches,
. the inside profile (?) (Like where the belt would go ) is a half circle
. the inside profile needs to be without blemish or nicks.
. 1 wheel is slightly wider then the other
. 1 wheel is slightly larger in diameter then the other.

These wheels will be used to form molten glass into spheres.

Thanks in advance

There is an RFQ section for this kind of post.....
We could help a first time poster out with a direct link. http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/manufacturing-resource/

To the O.P. You will have to sharpen up and provide a dimensioned drawing. As it stands, it sounds like you want some one to reverse engineer a 1905 patent drawing. 1 wheel is slightly larger. 1 wheel is slightly wider. There not engineering units.

Don't be offended nor take offence. Most of the manufacturing engineers here, have seen the next best mouse trap, or conjured up a part from the back of the napkin sketch. That's not what they need.

Regards Phil.

OK. thanks I will post to correct section.

No worries about correcting my terminology, I'm an Artist so I'm used to it, We are inexact and imprecise by nature.

Thanks for the assist

Artists and Machinists clash pretty hard until the machinist realizes that the artist doesn't need any tolerance held except surface finish.... then things go smoothly (pun intendid).

Back