What's new
What's new

Hitachi Seiki-Seicos 16M screen brightness

Monchenko

Plastic
Running a Hitachi HG630II with a Seicos 16M controller. The screen brightness is crap and hard to see unless you have all the lights in the shop off, which is highly impractical. I've looked through the manual and can't seem to find if there is anywhere to adjust screen brightness in parameters or settings. Does anyone know if I can increase brightness and how do I go about doing this??

Do you have an CRT or LCD screen. If it is an CRT there are normally adjusting pots on the back of the unit. If LCD you need an new Back Light.

Contrast

You can increase the contrast under OPER/MAIN, F4 System, 30 FMENU, 3 F.Setting - that will take you to setting (handy) page - contrast is at the bottom. Not sure if it will help, but worth a try in the mean time.

John

Running a Hitachi HG630II with a Seicos 16M controller. The screen brightness is crap and hard to see unless you have all the lights in the shop off, which is highly impractical. I've looked through the manual and can't seem to find if there is anywhere to adjust screen brightness in parameters or settings. Does anyone know if I can increase brightness and how do I go about doing this??

You can increase the contrast under OPER/MAIN, F4 System, 30 FMENU, 3 F.Setting - that will take you to setting (handy) page - contrast is at the bottom. Not sure if it will help, but worth a try in the mean time.

John

I can't seem to find the contrast. Your instructions took me straight to the handy menu, but nothing seemed to have anything to do with contrast

There will be adjustment pots on the circuit board on the back side of the CRT. However, if your screen brightness has changed suddenly, there is likely an issue with the flyback converter in the CRT. It's basically a power supply. A good old school TV repair shop should be able to fix it for you.

Back