What's new
What's new

Hitachi Seiki VS50 8000/9000 programs needed

Nerv

Cast Iron
Hi everyone.

So in the middle of doing a small parameter change to try to get my data server working (RS 232 contouring toolpath code transfers of 15 min or more is getting old), I managed to severely mess up the control on my Seicos Sigma 18M (Fanuc 18i) control on my Hitachi Seiki VS50-40 (20 ATC). Just one bit off and it was game over.

After going through all my disks and backups I have almost enough to get it running again, but I don't have the 8000-9000 programs (I think it started at 8000, might be only 9000), I think I need these for the tool changer and such.

If anyone has one of these mills in their shop can they please PM me? I just need a copy of those files.

A little tip for anyone else... if you have a Fanuc 16i/18i/21i control and don't have the whole thing backed up on a PCMCIA card (mine only takes the uber expensive and rare SRAM type that is arriving tomorrow) don't think that diskette in the door is going to help much. Make a bootable backup NOW and save those files somewhere, maybe put on a CD? The world of pain you will save yourself if this happens to you can not be overstated. Also all the programs, maybe even your offsets every week... it is really shocking how easy it is to convince that control to wipe everything on you. Called DMG Mori to get help, they don't have those files. Fanuc? Of course not. Hitachi... Who?

Fanuc suggested to me today that I hold Cancel and Delete when I start it up so it'll boot properly. I should have looked that up before I just blindly listened. Complete erasure of control memory. Now the control thinks it's a full Fanuc and since not all the Fanuc side software is there it doesn't even show proper Axis values, or much else really. Axis 1 2 3 anyone?

Sweet.

Thankfully I have a second control off one of these I can use... only it's constantly having serious crashing problems and so they suggested reseating the processor board. Well wouldn't you know it? Try that and you'll lose your SRAM data right now (they said you have several seconds). So, I still have the Seicos software on that in FROM memory (will be taking off via SRAM card tomorrow) but nothing else remains that was stored in the SRAM, like the programs.

Any help on this would be most excellent.

Dave @ Nerv

Dave

I have the info you need. PM me your email and I will send. Also - let me know if you get the SRAM backup working. These things are a nightmare to get saved - they seem to be very picky about what brand and type and size they like.

If you have other hitachi issues in the future let me know an I can help you out

john

Hi everyone.

So in the middle of doing a small parameter change to try to get my data server working (RS 232 contouring toolpath code transfers of 15 min or more is getting old), I managed to severely mess up the control on my Seicos Sigma 18M (Fanuc 18i) control on my Hitachi Seiki VS50-40 (20 ATC). Just one bit off and it was game over.

After going through all my disks and backups I have almost enough to get it running again, but I don't have the 8000-9000 programs (I think it started at 8000, might be only 9000), I think I need these for the tool changer and such.

If anyone has one of these mills in their shop can they please PM me? I just need a copy of those files.

A little tip for anyone else... if you have a Fanuc 16i/18i/21i control and don't have the whole thing backed up on a PCMCIA card (mine only takes the uber expensive and rare SRAM type that is arriving tomorrow) don't think that diskette in the door is going to help much. Make a bootable backup NOW and save those files somewhere, maybe put on a CD? The world of pain you will save yourself if this happens to you can not be overstated. Also all the programs, maybe even your offsets every week... it is really shocking how easy it is to convince that control to wipe everything on you. Called DMG Mori to get help, they don't have those files. Fanuc? Of course not. Hitachi... Who?

Fanuc suggested to me today that I hold Cancel and Delete when I start it up so it'll boot properly. I should have looked that up before I just blindly listened. Complete erasure of control memory. Now the control thinks it's a full Fanuc and since not all the Fanuc side software is there it doesn't even show proper Axis values, or much else really. Axis 1 2 3 anyone?

Sweet.

Thankfully I have a second control off one of these I can use... only it's constantly having serious crashing problems and so they suggested reseating the processor board. Well wouldn't you know it? Try that and you'll lose your SRAM data right now (they said you have several seconds). So, I still have the Seicos software on that in FROM memory (will be taking off via SRAM card tomorrow) but nothing else remains that was stored in the SRAM, like the programs.

Any help on this would be most excellent.

Dave @ Nerv

Hello John

Dave

I have the info you need. PM me your email and I will send. Also - let me know if you get the SRAM backup working. These things are a nightmare to get saved - they seem to be very picky about what brand and type and size they like.

If you have other hitachi issues in the future let me know an I can help you out

john

We have hitachi seiki vs50 double pallet vertical machining center.Its table replacement subprogram has been deleted and does not have backup.Can you help me?

Thank you.
Fatih

Hello
Send me a PM with your email address and I’ll help you out

Join

We have hitachi seiki vs50 double pallet vertical machining center.Its table replacement subprogram has been deleted and does not have backup.Can you help me?

Thank you.
Fatih

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back