What's new
What's new

How to adjust Haas VMC tool change unclip height

bellinoracing

Hot Rolled
My Haas VMC is starting to pop loud and shake the tool changer when it changes tools. I think the unclip height it slightly out of adjustment. Can anyone explain how to adjust the unclip height?

Thanks

I am going to order one of those taper cleaners today and clean the spindle as soon as it arrives. What type of oil and grease should the tool holders and knobs get?

I am going to order one of those taper cleaners today and clean the spindle as soon as it arrives. What type of oil and grease should the tool holders and knobs get?

You don't need a special taper cleaner, just wipe it out with a clean rag.

If you leave tools in the TC for extended periods of time, clean the tapers on those once in a while.

Buy some grease for those pull studs. 14 oz. Can Extreme Pressure Multipurpose 48738132 - MSC

I usually have to clean all the tapers on the tool holders once a year. I use a red or green scotchbrite pad, saturated in WD40. This gets the built up crud off of both the spindle taper and the tool holder taper. Then I put a dab of red grease on the pull studs and put them back in.

Back