What's new
What's new

How to tune servos for HSM? Fanuc OMD

lowCountryCamo

Stainless
My VMC Fanuc OMD does not accept g5. I have read mention many times that servos can be tuned to help smooth out HSM toolpaths. However no one ever gets specific. I understand what servo tuning is, but how practically would one go about this process? Any tutorials or literature available?

My VMC Fanuc OMD does not accept g5. I have read mention many times that servos can be tuned to help smooth out HSM toolpaths. However no one ever gets specific. I understand what servo tuning is, but how practically would one go about this process? Any tutorials or literature available?
some machines have a servo diagnostic screen and will show if servos are moving back and forth and number is often in .001 mm
so tuning requires usually adjusting and seeing if holding at +/-1 or got worse and is bouncing back and forth +/-10
some cnc have special gcodes to try to accurately move at higher speeds rather that get off track at sudden changes in direction like corners. other machines have parameters settings that try to do the same thing. also some machines just slow feed at sudden changes in direction to help it track better
some machines use hydraulics to balance or float heavy machine sections. often the hydraulics can make the machine bounce up and down and side to side at sudden stops. like being on a water bed or being on bouncing springs and even with shock absorbers to slow the bouncing it take a few seconds to stop moving

Back