What's new
What's new

HSMAdvisor Speed and Feed Calculator is going Free!

zero_divide

Stainless
Well, not all of it. But really, really a lot.

I have introduced 2 new license Types to my HSMAdvisor software:
  1. HSMAdvisor Free
  2. HSMAdvisor Lite

Free version is what you will get after a 30 day fully-functioning trial runs out.
Everything keeps functioning just fine EXCEPT calculations will be limited to just One work-piece material.

This means good news for those who would like to have a second(or third or fourth) seat for Reference, Machinist Calculators, Tool Database Management etc. No limits on any of those functions.

The HSMAdvisor Lite is what users with expired subscriptions get.
They will get ALL the bells and whistles Except Maximum available Machining Power will be limited by the total number of years in their subscription.

All changes are effective since yesterday and apply retroactively!

Any Thoughts?

PS: here is the download link: Download CNC Speed and Feed Calculator - HSMAdvisor

That nice of you!!

Do you still have a paid package if we want all the options.

I use your app daily and love it. I tried the hsm adviser for the 30 days but I got turned off as the two did not ever have the same calculations for Speed or feed. This was a little frustrating. With that said either calculation's would work but just prefered to stick with one calculator.

I know you had said at one point that HSM A. was more uptodate is this still the case? If so any plans to update your app to the same to have the same calculator anytime soon?

Yes, of course there will still be a fully-functioning version. I am just adding lower cost and free options to get my software into more shops.

Both FSWizard for mobile devices and HSMAdvisor will continue to be developed. But because of limitations of the mobile platforms there will still be slight differences between the two. Mainly because FSWizard Mobile does not have machine profiles and tool limits (Nethier of of them are likely to ever hit the mobile app at all)

The online calculator will later be phased out all together and be replaced with one based on the current FSWizard mobile technology.

So yeah there is lots of plans and room to grow.
Here is a neat table with all the current features: Advanced Speed and Feed Calculator: Screen Shots and Features - HSMAdvisor

I used to use HSMAdvisor alot, and have even been a pretty big proponent of it. I think it's great software.

But you changed to the subscription model, and since then I haven't been able to sit down and sort out what the hell it is I need to buy.

I got moderately excited to see this, thinking maybe I could sit down and figure it out in no time. Surely, you were simplifying your purchasing options..

But I still have no idea what I need.

hsma.jpg

Graphics like this are just annoying. Just freaking sell me a license, HSMAdvisor isn't complex enough to need 5 different fucking purchase options, man.

I doubt i'm the only person who has reached your store page with the intent to purchase, only to get discouraged by paradox of choice and wind up just deciding to buy nothing.

I used to use HSMAdvisor alot, and have even been a pretty big proponent of it. I think it's great software.

But you changed to the subscription model, and since then I haven't been able to sit down and sort out what the hell it is I need to buy.

I got moderately excited to see this, thinking maybe I could sit down and figure it out in no time. Surely, you were simplifying your purchasing options..

View attachment 175511

Graphics like this are just annoying. Just freaking sell me a license, HSMAdvisor isn't complex enough to need 5 different fucking purchase options, man.

I doubt i'm the only person who has reached your store page with the intent to purchase, only to get discouraged by paradox of choice and wind up just deciding to buy nothing.

What is so confusing about the graphic you just shared?
It literally says what each package entails in a list. What more could be added to this?

Good for you!
I wish you more success! We got the full license a few years ago when it was $50. It's still worth the price you're selling it today and I wouldn't hesitate getting it. :cheers:

The only issue I see is that the Permanent and Lifetime Floating licenses are different prices, although effectively they are the same for the end user. Except I'd need a Permanent license to use it on an airplane (because I'm not paying them for assy wifi).

The only issue I see is that the Permanent and Lifetime Floating licenses are different prices, although effectively they are the same for the end user. Except I'd need a Permanent license to use it on an airplane (because I'm not paying them for assy wifi).

Servising Permanent License is a lot more work for me. If I continue selling them like I did all I'd do whole day is issuing new keys for users who replaced their computer. And I am a busy man:)

View attachment 175511

Just buy the most expensive one. What's so difficult?
On a serious note I am just trying to cater to more kinds of users...

Servising Permanent License is a lot more work for me. If I continue selling them like I did all I'd do whole day is issuing new keys for users who replaced their computer. And I am a busy man:)

Why can't you automate it with a tool on your website? Seem simple enough to allow authorized users to login and move a license from one machine to another. Hell, why not buy some USB flash drive dongles and sell a dongle instead of that? This outfit seems to sell a product that fits your need: USB Copy-Protection Pricing | CrypKey

I should also point out that since your FSWizard PRO is a Google Play purchase, it's tied to the Google account and any devices that are tied to the account can install the application. This means you could login on a dozen tablets and have a dozen seats running concurrently. All unless you've added some server based functionality to lock-out concurrent sessions, but then given the way the start/stop/sleep functionality of Android works, I don't see how that could be done without major user headaches.

My point is that user convenience is important, requiring an internet connection isn't necessary with proper keying. Turning back the clock doesn't work when you store the first run time in the registry or count the number of days it has run, or... a myriad of solutions exist to limit tampering.

I'd also point out that since it's a .NET application, you are running in a VM and are at the mercy of the VM and any possible hacks someone has made. Does your application use cryptographic signing and hashing to ensure someone hasn't tampered with it and cracked it? What about the VM, since .NET is open source and Mono has been around for a long time, that's a possible easy attack vector.

Yeah, I'm sorta letting the cat out of the bag, but for your customers they want convenience and there are simple solutions for convenience, but making it inconvenient to thwart a small number of cheaters, just makes all of your legitimate customers agonize over limitations.

Thank you guys.
Perry, a lot of the things you talk about I either use or thougt about. But things like android/iOS non-concurrent use or USB dongles is just too much hassle for me or my users.

To be fair I have not heard many complaints regarding that. Normally I get license transfer requests from users once every 2 years. From them it takes just an email. Most of the time they are actually able to do that themselves because I delete old keys once in a while.

I should also point out that since your FSWizard PRO is a Google Play purchase, it's tied to the Google account and any devices that are tied to the account can install the application. This means you could login on a dozen tablets and have a dozen seats running concurrently. All unless you've added some server based functionality to lock-out concurrent sessions, but then given the way the start/stop/sleep functionality of Android works, I don't see how that could be done without major user headaches.

My point is that user convenience is important, requiring an internet connection isn't necessary with proper keying. Turning back the clock doesn't work when you store the first run time in the registry or count the number of days it has run, or... a myriad of solutions exist to limit tampering.

I'd also point out that since it's a .NET application, you are running in a VM and are at the mercy of the VM and any possible hacks someone has made. Does your application use cryptographic signing and hashing to ensure someone hasn't tampered with it and cracked it? What about the VM, since .NET is open source and Mono has been around for a long time, that's a possible easy attack vector.

Yeah, I'm sorta letting the cat out of the bag, but for your customers they want convenience and there are simple solutions for convenience, but making it inconvenient to thwart a small number of cheaters, just makes all of your legitimate customers agonize over limitations.

Agreed.. none of the effort is worthwhile. If someone is interested in pirating, they've likely already made the decision not to buy, so they'll either pirate or go without. When thwarting those efforts comes at the expense of real paying customers, you're putting effort into something that's costing you money.

It is a great little program, I use it all the time. I couldn't have machined as fast and steady as I do now without it!

Hope I'm not spoiling the thread, but can you tell me how to save the setup, so I don't have to edit it every time I open the program?

You can send me a PM:-)

Back