What's new
What's new

Hurco NC Part Probing cycle.

RyanOrtho

Plastic
I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on something ive been trying to work out.

We currently have 9 Hurco VM10i machines.
We havent got the NC/Conversational merge option through hurco as all of our parts are programmed and posted through VISI

Were currently running our hurcos on industry standard (fanuc) nc.

Ive been searching for a snippet of code i could stick into the nc at the beginning of the program to probe the part for the G54.

Does anyone have any ideas of going about this? I couldn't find anything in the Renishaw manual and even the guys from hurco didnt have something to hand.

Iknow the best way would be the merge option but as we dont have this.....

First of all, all our Hurcos are on WinMax version 8, and you are probably on version 9 so there may be differences, but here's but what I know.

You already have the ISNC option, and I'm presuming you also have the NC Productivity Package (or whatever it's called) as they are pretty routinely bundled together. If so, then you have full macro support which gives you a few options:

1. Hurco/Renishaw between the two of them should be able to provide full probing macros for you.
2. With both of those options installed you already have G31 skip so you can write your own simple probing macros.

There are some other options also.

This PDF, page 215, describes G165 which is supposedly for part probing. It doesn't work on our machines (nothing happens when you run it) so YMMV.

The conversational/NC merge method. At least in V8 this has it's own problems - it doesn't use the NC work offset, so if you have to restart the NC program for any reason you have to manually copy the part setup over. I think they did something with this in V9 though so again YMMV.

Thanks for your response mate.

I've had word back from a technician at hurco and hes sent over a sample .FNC file with the macros, along with some PDF's to help understand it.

Ill be honest, its not something we've ever messed with here, most of out machines are Heidenhein controls so this is rather different and its the first time weve ever tried anything like this on the hurcos.

Half our machines are running WinMax version 9 and the rest are on 10.

I've tried running this at the beggining of my program and it just says that the macro is invalid? (G65P9812)

Obviously im doing something wrong...

T99 M06
G54 X0 Y0
G43 H1 Z100.
M19
M26
G54 Z20
G65P9812 X80 Z-25 S1
G65P9810 Z100

Im just trying to measure over a web in x axis.

Ahh I see, I haven't physically loaded anything I just assumed that they were inbuilt into the system. I think I might no what to do now!

Thanks for your help mate

Sorted!!

Cheers for your help Gregor!! :D

Ill send that stuff over later on if you still want it?

Is there any way you could send the probing macros ? I’m trying to get probing to work with fusion 360

Sorted!!

Cheers for your help Gregor!! :D

Ill send that stuff over later on if you still want it?

I also have the same issue when posting from Fusion 360. My hurco VMX30 does not have the sub programs as follows;

G65 P9832
G65 P9810
G65 P9811
G65 P9833
G65 P9812

If anyone can supply I can get my probe functioning from my cam. Thank you in advance.

Back