What's new
What's new

Hurco TM8 Lathe Z axis drive fault

lakey0

Aluminum
Not really expecting anyone to know much about this lathe. But this problem has been getting progressively worse. Would happen every now and again. Restarting it a time or two and it would work. Well not anymore.

The actual error is: Z axis servo drive has faulted. Check servo drive for fault.

Does anyone have a suggestion where I could start looking?

I believe the machine is a 2006 just for reference.

Thanks

First thing you need to post is the model and generation of the controller.

Seems to me checking the cables & connections to the Z servo & drive would be a start? when stuff magically "fixes" itself with a few restart, or a slap, I usually figure its a bad contact somewhere.

Seems to me checking the cables & connections to the Z servo & drive would be a start? when stuff magically "fixes" itself with a few restart, or a slap, I usually figure its a bad contact somewhere.

Good chance this is correct, disconnect and clean all connections associated with the Z axis especially the connection to the motor in case some coolant migrated in there or years of vibration have loosened it.

I will check and clean connections and see.

It has Yaskawa servopack sgdh-10ae and it's showing A.10 which is the error code? Going to investigate that as well.

I will check and clean connections and see.

It has Yaskawa servopack sgdh-10ae and it's showing A.10 which is the error code? Going to investigate that as well.

If you don't have all the manuals Yaskawa.com has them for free download if you were not aware of that.

Back