What's new
What's new

Hurco VM & VMX question

doug925

Titanium
Does the magical interupt button have an M-code associated with it?
Meaning can I via M-code program the yellow button?

I want to put in a program stop and still be able to jog around (to add clamps) just like hitting the yellow button.

I know I can add a M00, and program in directional moves prior, but I do not want to do that....

Thanks,

Doug

No, it's not coded. Your best bet is to add your optional stop to kill it when you want and then cycle-interrupt to move your table around.

interupt button is way more useful than a position block or an op stop but Ive only been able to use it on the hd3 side

Duh. (Dope slap)
Been awhile since I used the conversational. Interrupt works in G code the same way. Current running part is 368,000 blocks and it will pop the tool up for a look any time in the 12 hour cycle. Machine runs all night when I go to my real job. Took awhile to get used to leaving it ,and I was nervous at first but so far it hasn't missed a beat.
Take awile to get 368,000 blocks pecked in with the conversational.

That’s going to be hard without going to something Hurco makes or is making. I think the new win-max may be closer to that than they are currently. Best bet is to learn a 3rd party software and post to hurco and let er rip. That way your doing the same thing everyone else is doing so if you ever get another machine you will be 95% ready to run it.

Speaking of Winmax, I got a sales card from Hurco saying "get a free MP3 when you Demo Winmax." It is out???

Doug (who REALLY wants to use the USB key)

Leadman,

I agree with getting an offline program.

I had a program (funny, it seams like evey program) where I helical interpolate. I was using a 1.5* spiral. That posted 85K's of code to cut the pocket. I switched to 3* and bam!!! Much shorter program.

Why is this a suprise to me??? Well it is not really, just something I never thougth about before.

Doug (who seems to ramble on and on) :D

no i was just wondering we do some hydro-blocks that i would say are intermediate in difficulity. like three Z depths and arcs or angles with rads on either ends and i do them in conversational at the machine the worst one took me like 45 minutes i think i just program the line and loop it straight or on an angle or now i use the 3D arc and swing it on a looped rad or straight line and its pretty much done 4 or 5 blocks and its done i was just wondering about the really hard stuff if there was a good easy to understand program to post to the hurco conversational, i cant do G-code any more its way too old for me i like talking to a machine that understands me, i wanna drill i press drill, machine says drill. with G-code i wanna drill i have to say G54 or something goofy like that, its just stupid to me. i dont like the idea that i have to pander to some antiquated way of machining when i think that the machine (that should do all the work) should speek in the turms that i understand. i know that all those G-coders are going to go crazy, but what if you started your computer one day and no windows poped up insted it was a dizzing stream of program code, yup that would suck.

Back